This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They call him Trevor the Racist...

...and where do I begin? With a bit of background, perhaps.

Those of you in the UK may be familiar with the abhorrent Daily Mail Free DVD's....that is, the promotion that the Daily Mail 'newspaper' have going week in, week out whereby if you shell out 45p for their godawful propaganda rag, they give you a free DVD which you will undoubtedly never, ever watch. The content ranges from French language lessons to World War I documentaries, from cheap remakes of kid's classics to Danielle Steel trashy movies. These are, to customers, the Holy Grail of freebies, and some will (quite literally) fight for them. But I digress.

Trevor the Racist is an interesting character. He's in his mid-50's, talks in a broad Cockney accent which sounds suspiciously false, and likes to get something for nothing. For a long time, he would come in and quite brazenly take the free DVD from behind the counter without buying a paper. When we told him he had to buy the paper to get the disc, he launched into a ten-minute rant about how 'you can't get anything for free in this bloody country, I blame Thatcher, und so weiter.'
    Interesting, because Trevor the Racist also likes to complain at length about the 'bloody immigrants mooching off the system, trying to get everything for free' (sound familiar?) He likes to hold up queues of people while he engages you in tales of Bloody Immigrants and his grievances with them, usually concluding in his telling you to move out of the country while you still can. He is a total motormouth and likes to share his right-wing ideals with the whole shop if possible.

This isn't the main reason he sucks, although it is a big part of it. On top of being a freeloading bigot, he likes to intimidate staff. A former colleague of mine used to hide whenever he would come into the shop because, more than once, he cornered her and demanded a kiss. One of our older members of staff gets very intimidated by his loud, aggressive manner but has to deal with him every day. And the other day, he came into the store and yanked my hair. He walked right up behind me, grabbed my ponytail and pulled my head right back. Then, after I politely asked him NOT to touch me, he started to rant about how my hair was a stupid colour, and how I was an idiot to have dyed it that colour (it's pink, by the way)

I could go on, but I've encroached enough on your forum

P.S - WhSmith's IS SHIT.
    Enslaved by WhSmith's since 2005

A former colleague of mine used to hide whenever he would come into the shop because, more than once, he cornered her and demanded a kiss.
    OK, this right here should have gotten him banned from the place.

btw
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

And he hasn't been thrown out and banned from the store for assaulting the staff and/or sexual harassment because........
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

or gotten his sorry ass handed to him? w t f?

hands off, freakshow!

it's past banning time; time to call the cops on this piece o'...
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Anyone else see the title and think,
          "Faster than liiiiiiiiiightning..."
          ?
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

And the other day, he came into the store and yanked my hair. He walked right up behind me, grabbed my ponytail and pulled my head right back.
            Punch to the Adam's apple, punch to the sternum, chop to the collarbone, over the neck headlock, fall back into a brainbuster. Call the police and tell him he just kinda looked like he was having a heart attack or something then proceeded to fall into that thar display over thar.
            You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

We're in the process of banning him...I've got to write a statement about the hair-yanking incident and hopefully, old Motormouth will be but a legend. I'm not entirely sure how we're going to enforce the ban, since my shop is too cheap to pay for security guards and 80% of the staff (myself included) are women under 5'5". But I've been waiting for him to get banned for two years now. When the hair incident happened, several other customers told me to report him to the police...I would have if I hadn't been quite so incredulous.

Cheers for the welcome!

"They call him Trevor, Trevor, Trevor the raaa-cissst..."

Comment

Grab my hair from behind? That's Chin'na number six, I believe. I need to review, though. I've forgotten exactly what you break in that one.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  And he hasn't been thrown out and banned from the store for assaulting the staff and/or sexual harassment because........
                  Depends on the boss.
                  (admittedly over 10 years ago) I worked as a trolly dolly (train catering minion).
                  Our boss used to chat up every member of staff, male or female, gay or straight.
                  And walk up behind us and grab bits.
                  If you've got no back up from management, it is hard to ban sucky customers.

To the OP, I'd have a friendly word with your union, or your stockers. There's nothing like a large collegue looming behind you to put off sleazebags like Trevor. I'm sure you can find a reason to call for stocktaking assistance when Trevor happens to be in the vicinity.

(Despite failing to scare off boss, the conductors made darn sure our equivalent of customer Trevor was never never allowed anywhere near us without them backing us up. (He always conveniently sat near where we had to park the trolley, with a copy of the Sun or Sunday Sport (For non UKers, "newspapers" full of tits. As in, 70+ tits.)))

Comment

Quoth piratemonkey View Post
                    Interesting, because Trevor the Racist also likes to complain at length about the 'bloody immigrants mooching off the system, trying to get everything for free' (sound familiar?) He likes to hold up queues of people while he engages you in tales of Bloody Immigrants and his grievances with them, usually concluding in his telling you to move out of the country while you still can.
                    And become an immigrant somewhere else? Somebody didn't think that one through...

Seriously though, welcome. And trust me, you're not the only one on here to think that WH is shit. That guy couldn't be banned soon enough.
                    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

We also had a man known as Breadstick Man, who would come in every day, pick up a hardback book and stand in a quiet corner reading it for 3+ hours. He would munch on breadsticks, making a mess all over the floor, and ruin hardback books by folding down page corners and bending the spine. I personally kicked him out of the shop myself as he wasn't even slightly intimidating. This guy...well, I won't go near him. He strikes me as being a bit of a nutcase and quite frankly I'm afraid of what he'll do. Much better to leave it to my boss, who can't bloody stand him.

Comment

Sounds like Trevor spends most of his time there because he got banned from everywhere else . . .
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Does Trevor the Racist hang out with Albi the Racist Dragon, perchance?

And...welcome!!
                          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth piratemonkey View Post
                            (it's pink, by the way)
                            Sweet! Is it bright pink?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We also had a man known as Breadstick Man, who would come in every day, pick up a hardback book and stand in a quiet corner reading it for 3+ hours.
                              Nevermind that he's making a mess, do you guys have a loitering policy? Crazy, stupid, retarded, half dead, or what have you, nobody should be staying around that long. *Cue angry old man voice* Whaddaya think dis iz, a library?!
                              You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X