X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just makes me mad (Parking)

Little background first:
    1. The computer shop is in a strip mall
    2. Each unit has 2 parking spots in front of it, which are reserved for customers of that unit.
    3. We have signs in the windows and a big one at the curb noting that THESE ARE OUR SPOTS.
    4. The mall has had many parking problems, leading to the signage.

"Lady" in an SUV pulls up, parks across 2 spots, offloads kids and starts walking down the mall.
    I pop out the door and tell her that those are our spots. She looks back, and tells me that she didn't see a sign or anything like that. I point to the big sign on the curb.
    At this point she goes off on me about how if this is how I treat people, harassing them, then I've just lost a customer, and that there are plenty of other spaces along the mall. She does get in and move her car though.

At the time I was too flabbergasted to say anything beyond "I'm sorry that you feel that way," but I should have told her that many of our customers are elderly, and are bringing in computers, and it is hard for them. (Our customers also complain if the spots in front are taken up).

Good ending to the story though. Not 5 minutes after I shoo her off, one of our elderly, handicapped and most importantly, PAYING customers, drives up and is able to park right in front as she picks up her computer. So, I think that things turned out for the best.
    "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
    -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Quoth Aressel View Post
    Good ending to the story though. Not 5 minutes after I shoo her off, one of our elderly, handicapped and most importantly, PAYING customers, drives up and is able to park right in front as she picks up her computer. So, I think that things turned out for the best.
    Hey- be fair! This lady was handicapped too - she couldn't read.
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
      You so going to HFIL for that.

Comment

I had a similar problem with a SCUBA store I used to run. Each store in the strip had two or three spaces in front of it. Now I didnt care if another stores customers parked in my spots, but an ADT store opened up next door and the employees would park in my spots. I asked them to stop and they ignored me, so I called up another store and got through to the district manager. Not two minutes after I finished my call with him the cars were moved and the manager of the store was apologizing to me. The DM also gave me his personal cell phone number in case there were any more problems.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
          No, she was paralyzed from the neck up.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            No, she was paralyzed from the neck up.
            That or she had a terminal case of Cranial-Rectal Inversion
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Aressel View Post
              At this point she goes off on me about how if this is how I treat people, harassing them, then I've just lost a customer, and that there are plenty of other spaces along the mall. She does get in and move her car though.
              How does she figure that you were losing a customer since she wasn't coming in to your store in the first place? Nitwit.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                How does she figure that you were losing a customer since she wasn't coming in to your store in the first place? Nitwit.
                My thoughts exactly.
                "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                  You so going to HFIL for that.
                  Do I sense a dragon ball z fan?
                  3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                  - Order from the menu.
                  - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                  - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Handicaped spaces

If some one is parked in a handicaped spot illegally run 'em over. Make 'em honest.
                    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                    The following is subject to change:
                    If Your Going Through Hell,
                    Keep Going...

Comment

my fav. excuse is when they say the Sign ISNt BIG enough!!!!

Or How we put the sign up JUST FOR Them to Be pissed off!

Comment

I've seen some hilarious excuses for people trying to get into handicap parking.

My personal favorite.

*Employee, female, drives up and shows me a piece of paper.*

Me: Okay, you do know that employees park in B lot right?

FE: Yes, I know but this is a doctor's note saying I can park in handicap.

Me: Well in case your doctor didn't know, you need a STATE issued handicap pass, doctor's note won't do.

I hated that woman, she tried that stunt a few more times on me but she learned that I wasn't budging.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Do what they did on Seinfeld when they parked in the handicapped spot. Trash the vehicle.

Same can apply for assholes who think they need to park horizontally across two or three spots.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As far as the Handicap parking go, I've heard every kind of excuse for crappy parking.

MY wife is in a wheelchair, and because of it, we have a mini van that has a ramp that folds into and out of the van every time my wife gets in and out of the van. The way it works, is that the motor will push the ramp enough to get it started and the weight of the ramp will finish lowering the ramp. Because of the extra room needed, we have to be careful on which spots to park in, to make sure that the right side of the van has enough space for the ramp. Normally , we park in the "Van" spots with the blue stripped lines next to them to allow for the extra room. A couple of times, we have had some asshole park over the blue lines next to the van, illegally, not to mention missing the sticker on the side of the van that says "Please allow for extra space." In both cases, we have opened the door remotely, "Not realizing " that they at parked there, only to hear the nice "Clunk" of the ramp scratching the side of their car.

In both cases, we left before the owner showed up but we determined that if they wanted to bitch about it, and try to force us to pay they would have to remember.

1) You will have to admit to the Police that you are illegally parked in a handicap spot which is a $500.00 fine.

2) We didn't see the car there because it was parked so close to the van.

2) Because we are legally parked, and you are illegally parked you are still responsible for your damages. So now you have to pay the fine, PLUS the cost to fix your car.
                            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Do what they did on Seinfeld when they parked in the handicapped spot. Trash the vehicle.

Same can apply for assholes who think they need to park horizontally across two or three spots.

My Dad and Stepmom just bought a Porsche Cayman, and had someone key their car a week or so ago while at the mall. When they told us, that they tend to park between 2 spots in the parking lot, Both my and my wife said that with allot of people, that's an open invitation to key your car.
                              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                              X