Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OY Vey! You know sometimes there can be good things said about the ol west justice system. At least i you defended yourself properly they couldn't sue you for it.

I gotta say get a lawyer, get a friend whos a lawyer, somehow. Offer to split any proceeds or get one who works on commision as well. It works out a lot better than trying to do it all yourself. Like was said before the sharks know the reefs better than the fish do.

Comment

• Talk to your boss. The one that stands up for you.
      Ask Mr. Boss if he can recommend a good lawyer for what happened to you. Not by Company recommendations, but personal.

There's a saying out there: the lawyers who pay to advertise their stuff ARENT the best...and the ones who get known by word of mouth ARE.

hon...get a lawyer. NOW.

Even if it takes hocking your firstborn child on this one.. or left body parts :P get one. You will need the legal help in this issue.

What about selling car/ parts/ signing over a loan to the lawyers? just an idea.

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

• Quoth Kusanagi View Post
        Plus, I'm going to get a good tan. Why? When you tan a fresh scar, it looks UGLY. It's going to turn into this long deep purple thing on my skin. I hope it ends up being really hot that day so I can wear a short sleeved shirt.
        I would not recommend that. I WOULD recommend dressing as sharply as you can, which usually involves a long sleeve dress shirt, and look as much like an upstanding cleancut All-American citizen as possible. You know that Ghetto Superstar is probably not going to come in looking like a banker, so you can impress right off the bat with that. Remember, part of your presentation can be you rolling up your sleeve to show said car....against tan skin and a white shirt, that scar will be very visible, and will make an impression, especially if it is not visible until you reveal it.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
        I don't even know if he HAS a lawyer, or if he does, it's probably one provide to him by the state. Miranda law, and all that.
        Negative. The government provides attorneys to people only for purposes of defending themselves from criminal charges if they can't afford it. They do NOT provide them for lawsuits brought by the defendant in a criminal trial, with certain exeptions (such as if the defendant is suing the government over their incarceration or the law that convicted them being unconstitutional or somesuch). Either this waste of carbon provided his own lawyer, or he is representing himself.

I am going to go against the grain here and advise against the lawyer for the preliminary hearing. Considering the charges against him in both of your altercations, his background (which resulted in other charges, as I recall), the vast documentation of the two incidents, and the fact that you were not charged but he was, I would guess that this will not proceed to trial. If it does, I would get legal representation immediately.

Just my 3.8 cents.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

• Jester pretty much hits the nail on the head with my thought process on this one. I was half-joking about the short sleeve comment, but I WILL get a tan in case the judge asks to see the scar, which is entirely probable if Ghetto Superstar wants to say he never touched me. (You never know, he might just say that, seeing as how bad I roughed him up. Hell, if I were the one in his position I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't give it some thought.)

The jackass knows he's screwed when it comes to the state trial - he's just doing this now to be a massive pain in the ass. I guess I'll find out what happens.

Gonna talk with a few lawyerin' types tommorrow - I see no point in spending money on this unless I have to. It would even be pointless to go adter him for reclamation of court costs because he'd never be able to pay for it either by choice or design.
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• My 2 cents

If it gets past the initial hearing, hide your assets. He probably has a contigency type lawyer. If he thinks you are judgement proof, he'll loose interest.

Try to delay everything until after the criminal trial. Once he is convicted for assaulting you it will be pretty much impossible for him to win in the civil case.

But you really should get a lawyer.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

• Quoth Rahmota View Post
              Leastwise you'll have a nice scar you can tell your grandkids was earned in the retail wars.
              Chicks dig scars!
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

• You should definitely find out what responsibility your employer holds in this matter. This occurred on company property. Your injuries should be covered by workers compensation (although the way they've undermined it here lately in California (Thanks an effin' lot, Arnie) you might have to do a bit of fighting). All time off for the injury (except, I think, for the first three days) should be paid.

The company may be responsible for representing you, but I don't know.

Please let us know what the lawyer says.
                Document everything

Comment

• Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  Chicks dig scars!
                  Really? I have one near my right eye from when I was born. (Caesarian, in case you're wondering).

Must be a faulty scar - it doesn't seem to work for me. Wonder if I could return it to the hospital for a refund?

Rapscallion

Comment

• ah, so you look like James Bond(literary version).

Comment

• Chicks Dig Scars

My husband has a scar through his, otherwise black, left eyebrow. Looks very cool.

It's a line regularly used by the Society for Creative Anachronism.

I think Geoffrey Chaucer has a shirt on zazzle.com that says it in medieval French.

Of course, it could have been started by those crazy Germans at the turn of the 20th century who were so into dueling scars.
                      Document everything

Comment

• For some reason, I can picture this loser as being totally belligerent and arrogant -- until you walk up to him, face to face, after which he will quail in fear. (You did put him down rather easily...twice!) Now that he knows he can't get back at you physically anymore, this is all he's got left, and it's pretty weak. I hope you can put him down (in a legal sense) as easily as you did before.

As for dressing like Phoenix Wright...consider the expense of several cans of hairspray...
                        (I just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for all...but I haven't played the first one yet. Oops!)
                        thank you for shopping our Kmart

Comment

• Holy moly, I'm away for a week and this happens?!

If you have friends who are lawyers, ask their advice. Definitely talk to your manager, HR and anyone else at the company who could help you. Both times you were assaulted on their property, so they have a stake in this too. This loser might try to get the money from the company if he can't get it from you. (Yes, I know, holey logic, but we are talking about someone who's 51 cards short of a full deck.)

I hope all of this gets resolved quickly, Ghetto Stuporstar gets locked up for a very long time, and you get compensated for the crap you've been put through.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• I was actually following this story on the War Stories thread, but came here to offer moral support to Kusanagi - here's hoping Ghetto Stupidstar gets everything that's coming to him.

I also have a question - since I don't follow wrestling, I was puzzled by the reference to Diamond Cutter and DDT. Since to me a diamond cutter is a tool used by a jeweler and DDT is a pesticide, could someone clarify and describe the maneuvers in question? Thanks.
                            Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                            - Robert E. Howard

Comment

• Allow me

Wikipedia article on the wrestling move. and a page on the diamond cutter.

Unless this guy gets Johnny cochron as a lawyer, you really got nothing to worry about. Odds are seeing as he has attacked you several times previously, even if they force you to pay, it might be minimal or appealable

Comment

• Yarrr, I've got some scars on my arms (used to wrestle with my dogs when I was younger) and one just to the right of my right eye (got that when I was running around in my dad's sheet metal shop when I was a tyke). Depending on my hair, I kinda look like Dan Akroyd in his young days
                                Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
                                "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
                                "The queue is..."

Comment

Working...
                                X