This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purses have black holes

So a guest the other day lost her car keys. Security searched all over for it. They tore apart the room. They called a locksmith to get into the car to make sure they didn't lock the car keys in there. No keys were to be found,. The guest was distraught. They couldn't go home, so I got them a good deal on a room for an extra night.

An hour after they had resigned themselves to staying an extra day, the guest came down waving her car keys at me.

They were in her purse the entire time.

They'd gotten caught in the bottom corner of her purse. She swore she'd gone through it thrice.

I submit this as evidence that all purses indeed have black holes in the bottom that suck items to other dimensions.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Yeah, I've done that too. Usually I put them in a part of the purse where they don't belong, but sometimes they just vanish and then reappear after I've lost my mind!

Comment

For years, I've been convinced that a purse is nothing more then a 'bag of holding'.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Hell, I carry a small purse with not much in it, and I still lose the damn keys every time! I think Portable Hole is probably a bit more accurate a description than Bag of Holding. Though I'd kill for a Heward's Handy Haversack. No more digging!!
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yep woman's purses are extra-dimensional spaces.

Comment

A theme song for you: She Can't Find Her Keys
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I once lost a bottle of difficult-to-replace medication because there was a tear in my purse between the lining and the outer shell. The medication bottle ended up between the two so even if I turn the purse upside down and dumped it out the bottle was still stuck inside and invisible.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I keep my keys attached to my purse handle by a carabiner so I can find them. Because my phone would fall out of the pocket on the outside of my purse, and if I put it into my purse I could never find it I made a pouch with a tab out of some scrap fabric and scrap Velcro. I threaded a key ring through the tab, and hung another carabiner on it, and attached that to a key ring I'd sewed inside my purse. My phone is prehistoric and can be closed to avoid wallet-dialing. I also sewed up a bunch of zipper pouches and use them to keep my purse stuff organized. Works very well.

Comment

Because of that black hole in my purse, I was forever grateful when I finally bought a car that was push button start. My key only needs to be in the car somewhere in order to start. My purse is always with me so problem solved. Now, if only I can find the key when the fob battery starts to fade....

Comment

When I first saw this thread I was on my phone which I don't have adblocker on and the ad was for Michael Kors handbags. Well played.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The only reason I don't lose my keys anymore is because I have them attached via S-carabiner to the side of my purse. If I don't hear them jingle then I know I don't have them and I'll stop to look for them.

Here is my purse. I had a pic posted here but it was HUGE!

Comment

There's an ad for Interac Flash, a debit card that allows you to tap to pay, which features this kind of purse. It's so deep that the woman, who was searching for cash to pay for her food, literally disappeared into it!
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

My keys are attached to a 4-inch long Serta sheep. I never lose them.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            ... I never lose them.
                            Famous lost words?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Famous lost words?
                              Which is why I have an extra house key in my wallet. But the sheep has helped. Plus it reminds me of the friend who gave it to me.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X