X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry day

happy happy joy joy it's laundry day again

went to do laundry this morning. had 2 big baskets of clothes and 1 small one half full, AND a quilt. laundry room at the campground has 6 washers. one was occupied when i arrived, and i immediately threw the quilt into another and started it (needed to wash separately. dang dog. ). for those counting along that leaves 4 washers, and the amount of clothes i have to wash will easily fill 3 of them

a few minutes later as i'm sorting the rest of the clothing into washers, some guy comes in and looks around like he's checking the place out. i smile and nod and keep sorting. i still have 2 big baskets next to me, and clothes in at least 2 washers, but am standing in front of just one when he was in there.

couple minutes later he comes in with his wife and 2 bags of clothes. i still have a basket left to sort at this point and i'm standing in front of the 2nd washer and they walk in just in time to see me chuck a pair of jeans into the third. they look at me and ask something about open washers. i say there's one left at the moment.. slightly apologetic tone. i hate taking so many at once, but i need to work later today. i can't string it out. then the guy utters the sentence that originated my whole desire to make this post. "I thought I saw there were 3 washers open."

well then you didn't look very carefully. even if i only used the 2 i already had clothes in, that only leaves 2 left, and you can SEE how much i have to wash... that sure as heck ain't fitting in one washer!

uhg.

I only use one at a time. Of course the laundry room is right outside my apartment door. Its rude to use all of them at once (not that OP was doing that).
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

i wish i was that close to a laundry room i normally only take 2-3 washers at a time, but this time i had extra because of the aforementioned dog. o well.

Comment

It does help being that close. Disabled Hubby is able to help with laundry a bit.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I miss my old apartment laundry room. I had the place to myself on sunday afternoons. 5 washers, 3 dryers and I could wash all my laundry in 1 hour.

Now it takes days to wash everything. >.>
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

When I was living with my mom, the laundry room was two buildings over and had four washers and two dryers (not even close to enough for the size of the apartment complex but I digress), but at any time you could expect half of those to be working. More often than not we piled all of the laundry in the car and took it to a laundromat, since it wasn't worth it to take a huge basket full of laundry all the way over there only to find out that the working washers are full.
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

When we first moved to this area we looked at apartments, and took the one with the apartment-sized washer/dryer even though it was the most expensive (although not by much). The cheapest apartment was at the intersection of two busy streets, and there would have been times it would have been almost impossible to get out of the complex, plus the laundry facilities were clear across the complex. While it took me all day to do laundry with our mini washer/dryer, I worked at home so it was no big deal. I think we chose well.

Comment

My previous apartment complex eventually built a laundry building with plenty of washers and dryers. (They even have photos of them on their website.)

Current complex: A single laundry room with one washer and dryer in each building with thirteen apartments. Which seems to be enough, and I make a point of setting the timer on my phone each time I start a load.

And something brain burp worthy: The apartment below mine (and apparently the equivalent location in each other such building) has a laundry hookup inside. Their dryer vent comes out right under my wooden-slat balcony. Would anyone care to guess the circumstances that led me to discover this on a winter day?

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                  Their dryer vent comes out right under my wooden-slat balcony. Would anyone care to guess the circumstances that led me to discover this on a winter day?
                  You slipped on the ass and landed on your ice?

Not just a burp - a moronic decision. Not only giving one apartment something the others in the building don't have (in-suite laundry), but creating a hazardous condition for occupants of another unit.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In my apartment complex, the laundry room is only open when the office is.

SO glad we've been renting the washer/dryer combo, since hookups are in all apartments, and even if the laundry room had reasonable access hours for working tenants, it's at the other end of the complex, with no chairs.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      You slipped on the ass and landed on your ice?
                      I looked out the sliding-glass door and saw something white billowing upward.

Comment

The last several apartments I've lived in have had their own washer and dryer, rather than a shared laundry room. I definitely prefer that setup. You don't need quarters or have to worry about a neighbor dumping your clothes on the ground because they want the machine you're using.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Our complex has 3 washers/3 dryers (all coin-op...for what we pay in rent they could give us a few free loads per month on a card) for at least 9 apartments. As to how many are actually working, that depends.

Mom has the use of an industrial washer/dryer at her job, so just takes everything over there when she can and we also have a small front-loader in the apartment. When mom's away I will use the laundry room, but only because our front-loader has a few quirks and she'd rather that both of us be home if something happens with it.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                            When I was living with my mom, the laundry room was two buildings over and had four washers and two dryers (not even close to enough for the size of the apartment complex but I digress), but at any time you could expect half of those to be working. More often than not we piled all of the laundry in the car and took it to a laundromat, since it wasn't worth it to take a huge basket full of laundry all the way over there only to find out that the working washers are full.
                            I know that feeling. I lived in an apartment complex where the washers rarely worked, so I used to pack everything up and go to a local Laundromat anyway.
                            Over the years, I found out the best times to visit various Laundromats. Usually first thing (6am) on a Saturday morning. I could get all the washers I need, and people wouldn't start coming in until my clothes were nearly dry.

These days, though, I do laundry at home. I bought a house! (one month ago).

Comment

wooo! congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X