X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a friggin mind reader

I see nothing there.

It's a strange assumption I keep running across, I really can't understand it.
    Guessing is fine, I'm good at guessing, out and out telepathy well that's beyond me, and with some of the customers that I run into I'll consider it a blessing.

If you hand me a gift card and cash and don't say anything....I'll take the majority of the payment out of which ever is the larger amount, because that's what usually works.
    For the love of God don't whine to me afterwards that you wanted X amount on this, and X amount on that, not after I've done it and put the payment through. Especially not after I've been narrating what I've been doing every step of the bloody way.It will take me a long time to sort it out and put it the way you want.Simply because it needs to be taken off the system completely, I'm not allowed to do that off my own bat, the computer doesn't let me. Don't look at me like I'm stupid when I tell you this, I can do it but I'll have to find and get a manager to authorise it, that will take a long time. I can not hack our computers or tag our managers.

No, I do not know if we have that item off the top of my head.

Have you seen this department? It's quite large and I do not possess a memory that vast. You need to let me go down stairs to the stock room, yes your going to have to be patient, and it will take five whole minutes of me searching at break neck speed to look locate and return with said item should we have it.No there's no guarantee we will but I need to look first if you want a chance of me finding it.

If you want a quite life

Don't come to our till if you have small children. Yes it is the convenient till, but we have sweets around the till and the fixtures shaping the queue.
    Your child after looking at these brightly colours things he knows are sweeties will probably want some , but to be fair they are ones mainly aimed at adults and teenagers rather than your sprog, the're at children's till point, go round to the teen centred fashions where there are none .

Money off?

You have vouchers? Fine.
    You want to use them? Fantastic.
    Did you give me them ?. No.
    Did I ask for them? Yes.
    Do you suddenly hand them over once I've charged your card.
    Can I still give you the discount ?
    Could I get away with your murder in front of this increasingly growing queue?

Neither do I not possess X-ray vision.

Our shop-floor has an interesting layout, where if I'm tiding the stock tables which will look like a bomb hit them at least once every hour I cannot see the till point even if you can see me in this luminescent uniform.There's no point getting huffy with me about it if I run up when you finally get around to pressing the buzzer I'm just doing another part of my job.

If you don't immediately see a staff member on the mat I am not hiding, your just not looking in the right direction. I'm down here bigjob , playing the mouse pipes.

Saying oh are you just out of school because of my height will not endear you to me, quite the reverse I'm 22 not 16 it is not a compliment.
    Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Didn't you know? We're expected to take medication SPECIFICALLY designed to enhance Extra Sensory Perception (ESP).
    Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
    I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Comment

Gimmie the ESP meds I'll take them right after I leave retail , I don't want to know what some of these people are thinking.
      Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
        where if I'm tiding the stock tables which will look like a bomb hit them at least once every hour
        Stock tables! hatehatehatehate can't find either the storm guy or the explody guy.

I refuse to believe they up sales. The sheer amt of hours needed to upkeep them negates any advantage..........argharghargh!!!!!

Comment

Stock tables?
          Is that what you call those tables (for example) at Target with the shirts laid out on them and usually a big sign displaying the price?

I think they're made for me. I rarely find what I want on the racks. Either that or they deliberately put the plain stuff (ie, no fancy schmancy silkscreened pictures, slogans, or anything like that on it) that I want only on the tables.

...yep, my wardrobe consists of mostly solid-colors, very plain and boring. Yep. That's me.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

FESTERBESTER: (Sitting in the cold dark cabin of the Excavator after firing the main beam, which has drained the power reserves of the entire ship...) I'd like to know what the designer was thinking.

(From Star Wreck VI: In The Pirkinning.)

Comment

Yea, but at least if you were a Feegle you'd be allowed to head butt them.

Comment

Quoth InsanityInc View Post
                Yea, but at least if you were a Feegle you'd be allowed to head butt them.
                In the kneecaps, no less.

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
                  Stock tables! hatehatehatehate can't find either the storm guy or the explody guy.

I refuse to believe they up sales. The sheer amt of hours needed to upkeep them negates any advantage..........argharghargh!!!!!

Jeans and jumpers half a dozen tables set out in blind spots around the shop floor it's enough to make you.
                  I can understand the thinking of how they'll boost sales, but with us what they actually do is make a hell of a lot of pointless work every time someone someone picks something up.

Sorting a rack of jeans = ten minutes max, sorting the same amount on a table I'd rather not think about how long that takes.

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
                    If you hand me a gift card and cash and don't say anything....I'll take the majority of the payment out of which ever is the larger amount, because that's what usually works.
                    OR when they hand you a gift card still attached to its cardboard/info hangy thing, and you ask what amount they would like to load on the card. They glare and snap "No I already bought it! I am using it to buy this stuff!"

Dooood. Either tell me that when you hand it to me or remove the card from its packaging so it doesn't look like you just pulled it off the display!
                    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                      In the kneecaps, no less.

Ooooh I am oh soo tempted to dress up as a feegle for work now , with wode to no less,.
                      Maybe if I say it's for charity I can get away with it, and some accompanying Feegle like behaviour (it's been a bad couple of shifts).

Batmoody have you ever had the one where the hand you the card, and ask you how much is on it when it's already got it wrote on the packaging?

Comment

Working...
                      X