X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New state mottoes thisaway

http://cheezburger.com/356101

Find your state....

If you is from Mississippi,that means you dun click on that linky thing there to make it appear by magic
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

The repeated jabs at Mississippi are hilarious.

And the motto for Virginia sounds about right.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The one for my native Illinois is about right for our last few governors.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'd have to say the one for North Carolina is spot-on.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

NY is pretty accurate

Some newspaper columnist here once had a column about creating a "City Motto."

I voted for "What are you looking at?!"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I knew a Drill Sargent who had many jokes about 49 states of the Union. Her home state was just awesome, nothing to make fun of (South Carolina, she was black, I think that was part of her joke )
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Virginia is for lovers, as long as it is missionary style.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Texas is partly true. High school quarterbacks are like gods to the small town folk.
                "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

I am annoyed by the one for my home state- Kentucky. It's a nasty stereotype and certainly doesn't apply to the vast majority of the state. Even the 'redneck' parts are in Appalachia and the rampant poverty there was created by coal companies screwing people out of their land so they could strip mine it. Not funny.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Oregon: "Still a 50/50 chance you'll die of dysentery."

They couldn't have come up with something better than a reference to an ancient video game?
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wisconsin: Way Too Cold To Be Sober.

On a night like tonight, ITA.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Wisconsin: Way Too Cold To Be Sober.

On a night like tonight, ITA.
                        Come on Irv when had the cold been a real excuse to drink in this state.

Normally it is "the Sun/moon/stars are up or it raining or snowing or the Packers/Badgers won/lost or I AM ALIVE so I must drink"
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

South Dakota: Closer than North Dakota Well it's either that or "Set your watch back 20 years" or "At least we ain't North Dakota".

Wyoming: Where the men are men, women are scarce and the sheep are scared. \0/
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I don't really agree with the one for Arizona......it's true that xenophobia has been a problem here within the past few years, but the bit about heat stroke.....people really, really, really NEED to learn that this state isn't entirely a desert and we don't have 100+ degree temperatures all year round.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                              people really, really, really NEED to learn that this state isn't entirely a desert and we don't have 100+ degree temperatures all year round.
                              Sort of like they need to learn that we don't have winter all year here in Canada - there are a couple of days of bad skiing around mid-August.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X