Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go with others when I say books. I have books all over the house. Plus, Mr. Mis and the children love to read also, so that adds more books.

My family says I have too many pairs of pajamas. I admit I do have a weakness for pajamas. If you were to ask my family what my favorite time of day is they would tell you it's pajama time, it's the name I made up for the time of day I can put my pajamas on since I'm home for the day.

I also have a weakness for collecting pens from different places we do business with. I never steal them, I only take them if it's okay to do so. So, I have a ton of them on my desk and near all the phones in the house.

Some might say I have too many hippo related items, but I disagree. Hippos are awesome, so I have a bunch of stuffed hippos. I also have all of the "Bert the Farting Hippo" items from the TV show NCIS.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

*looks around and winces* I've got too much stuff.... Too many clothes, yarn and unfinished blankets, photos, knick knacks, odds & ends... The only reason I don't have too books -- by visiting the library once a week (I can afford free *grin*)

and the rest I've got too much of? am slowly but surely getting rid of
      Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Fabric. Even I agree with that. One 12x12 room with floor-to-ceiling bookcases full of the stuff, another 12x18 room pretty much the same but with the addition of several large bins and a bunch of short chests of drawers filled. There are chairs full of fabric, and projects all over the house. Why? I do repro 18th century clothing, so when I find silks, wools, linens, India cottons and such that will work for the period, I gotta grab 'em. And it soothes me to sit amongst the colors and patterns and plan the garments.

Books? So they say. But one can never have enough solid research volumes. Plus period cookbook reprints, classic science fiction and horror.

Comment

Ooooooh... preeettyy... I wanna tour of your house. See, at least you have an excuse! :3 Pics?
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            Ooooooh... preeettyy... I wanna tour of your house. See, at least you have an excuse! :3 Pics?
            I agree. I have missed entire movie plots because I was busy admiring the costumes.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Pics? Um, maybe...once it's tidied up! The smaller room's got a big comfy chair in it to sit and read in. All that fabric cushions the outside noises and makes it a little cocoon with a nice sunny window in it.

And FL, I've done the same thing. Dangerous Liaisons does me in every time.

My son just added another "too much" -- too many old computer parts! Somehow I just can't let the classics go.

Comment

I know too many idiots.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The Hoarding thread just reminded me of this one....

I own 3 drumsets & the related hardware for the 2 big ones,somewhere north of 25 cymbals,a small (culled over the years) collection of oddball & necessary drum parts.Anybody need some used drumsticks? They make great plant supports,tent stakes,macramé makings.... (seriously,I have like 100 or so right now,anybody want 'em?)

For awhile I was buying speakers.Small ones,large ones,then I looked at 'em & said WTF do I need these for?
                  Made some money on 'em though

Any book lover's gonna have too many books,'nuff said.

the problem in collecting drum sets: you can hang 20 guitars on the walls of a small room,where you gonna put 20 drumsets?
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                    where you gonna put 20 drumsets?
                    End to end in order of size: a cannon.

Next challenge: find the right caliber of person that needs to be fired with enthusiasm.
                    Last edited by dalesys; 09-14-2011, 01:51 AM.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X