X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. -

I admit it-

I'm a Bold and the Beautiful fan.

My best friend got me into it when I lived with her.

Don't judge me !!
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I've been off this week sick and laying on the sofa and wondering the same darn thing. Watching all that crap daily cannot be good for your brain cells. Is Maury always about paternity tests and is Montel always patting himself on the back? Had to go get several different miniseries on dvd to survive the week.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I watch E.R.!

(BF calls it -er. )
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

GK! Good to see you're back. Your post made my night a whole hell of a lot better. I know your pain. I've got a "slight" (with an issue like this, slight is just an understatement) detachment between the muscle and my spine, causes spasms if I stand too quickly or go from a relaxed to tense state. not fun at all.

CH
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
            I've been off this week sick and laying on the sofa and wondering the same darn thing. Watching all that crap daily cannot be good for your brain cells. Is Maury always about paternity tests and is Montel always patting himself on the back? Had to go get several different miniseries on dvd to survive the week.
            i completely disagree, think about having to explain it to other people!
            "Slice what are you doing?"
            "SHHHHHH!! Nessa just found out her father might still be alive and she has a half sister and is blaming Ed for not telling her. I mean shes only worried about the fact he might be alive all season."
            "Um... ok.. *runs away*"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              It was during this time that I discovered something else. Something insidious and horrifying. Daytime television. There’s only so much of this a sane man can endure and I have reached that point and gone beyond it. How does anyone watch it? And it goes on for hours! All day! It never ends! But you can’t get away from it because you can barely walk! <sob>
              and...

Quoth Aramika View Post
              You're not the only one. I had surgery on my ankle 3 days ago and am confined to the couch except when I need to use the bathroom for a few weeks. So much fun.

And I too have become addicted to daytime television, it's sad isn't it?
              I remember my time spent in a drugged daze after breaking my leg and ankle last year. In my case, I was told I could move around, as long as I didn't put any weight on the foot. No problem...

Except that the pain killers they gave me (I'm a light-weight when it comes to them) kept me so groggy, that moving around, or like actually paying attention to what was on the TV was impossible. I still don't remember those few days except that I'm pretty sure that Sci Fi Channel was on most of the time. I finally stopped taking them after 3 days so I could like, think. Luckily, the pain was minimal with regular pain killers, so I didn't need the hard stuff, and I could get off the couch and play computer games and do homework.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              I fervently hope your penis falls off and the dog finds it before you do.
              GK, you have a talent for coming up with the most incredible stuff. I'm envious, really I am.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

When i had Mononeucleosis one summer i was bedridden for about a week. This was when TLC's song "Waterfalls" was really popular and one of the three songs in MTV's heavy rotation. I distinctly remember lying there in agony... the remote just out of my grasp... "Dont go chaasin water falls... please stick to the riv---"

Aaargh! I feel sick just thinking about it...

Its almost like daytime TV is engineered to make you feel awful about yourself and motivate you to go out and get a job... or do SOMETHING just to get away from it.

Comment

Cartoons. Cartoons and lots of video games. I tried doing the daytime tv things on my days off when I ran out of errands and cleaning to do, and it just made me want to die.

Welcome back to the wide world of stupid. Don't forget to buckle up.
                  Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

The only thing I could operate was my DS. -.-

I hate that song so much, Waterfalls. The radio station they keep tuned too in the office plays it at least least once every 30 minutes. Intermingled with George Michael's "Gotta Have Faith" and Karma Chameleon.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      i completely disagree, think about having to explain it to other people!
                      Yeah, but does sounding like a complete and utter twit really make it worth it?

1000x
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Welcome back, GK! We missed you! I love What Not to Wear! If I'm home Friday nights I always watch it.

On the rare occasions I am home during the day anymore (dog bless an 8-5 job), I mostly watch TNT. A couple ERs, a few Law&Orders...

I used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in college. My friend got me hooked. I will always remember when the OJ Simpson trial happened (I was a sophomore) because it preempted my soap....

and speaking of soaps, has anyone else noticed that every person in this thread who has admitted to being addicted to a soap opera has blamed it on someone else?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Speaking of soap operas, one time when I was at home during the day for a while, I started watching Edge of Night. In one episode, they lit the fuse to the dynamite. I kept tuning in to see the factory blow up. A week later, it finally blew up. I decided that such an action packed show was not for me.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Welcome back, GK! We missed you!

I know how you feel about daily tv.. I work the graves now, get off at 0600, sleep til noon... then have until 2000 to watch tv.. and it's all horrid...

I've gotten pretty used to watching Xplay and Cheat! reruns on G4, mixed in with the occasional BBC shows like How Clean is Your House? and You Are What You Eat... nice, well rounded tv.

No, I am not crazy... much... the straitjacket's on backorder...

don't judge me!
                            Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Yeah, but does sounding like a complete and utter twit really make it worth it?

1000x
                              worth it? hell yeah! think about... scaring people intelicatually and getting more free time or being able to finish your current project.
                              also my dad is equally addicted so he will watch me sometimes
                              oh and i miss passions

Comment

Of course you love What Not To Wear. It is Clinton's and Stacy's JOB to be snarky to the people in pink camo miniskirts. We can all only look on in awe.
                                We have enough youth. How about a "Fountain of Smart"?

Comment

Working...
                                X