This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No you can't just use the urinal!

Somebody stole the chain out of our public toilet today. Yes, somebody actually took the lid of the tank and removed the chain that's attached to the plunger thing. The little lever is broken too. So no public restroom until maintance gets around to fixing it. Since the employee restroom works it's not a high enough priority for someone to come on the weekend. I put an out of order sign on the door, locked it, and put a map rack and garbage can in front it. Here's the weird part. I was only yelled at twice by a "customer" for it. Both times by the same guy. He was made because he "only needed to take a piss" and wanted in since our urinal wasn't broke. Then he started yelling about "this f_cking store" and that he'd "have the whole place shut down". Why couldn't I just let him use the urinal? Well everything I did for him I'd have to do for everyone else. This would mean trusting men to pay attention to signs and not try to use the toilet (it's one thing to put a garbage bag over a broken urinal). Notice I said men? We can't very well provide relief facilities for men and not women, can we? We also can't let customers use the employee restroom since it's through the stockroom (we have enough inventory problems as is), it's not handicap accessable, and it's not covered by our liability insurance.
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

At mys store we do not have official custoemr and employee restrooms. The customer restrooms are on the sales floor but the employee/handicap restrooms are on the second floor/break room/offices. Yes, we do have an elevator to get up to the 2nd floor. If it is a customer in the front by the registers we will let them use the "employee" restrooms but otherwise we tell them to go to the back. Over the winter the pipe that supples cold water to the restrooms froze and burst, flooding the back with several hundred gallons of water. One of the idiot floor cleaners apparently just look at the water pouting thur the ceiling tiles and ignored it. It broke Sun. and the night manager called it in to be fixed Monday. Anther nearby store hand an even bigger problem of a burst 8" supply line for the fire sprinklers, which all the area plumbers were at fixing in the morning.

We put up out of order signs (printer on the computer, with "direction" the the 2nd Fl restrooms)on the doors, put racks in front of the restrooms, and put a half a dozen sings in the area in front of the restrooms. Most customers followed the signs and went up front but the older people pulled the rack away and tried to open the doors and complained. I had tow old people DEMAND a manager, one even wanted anything he wanted in the store for free.

The plumber arrived around 3 PM and had the problem fixed in 90 minutes.

Comment

At my place of work. We have only one restroom. This one older gentleman complained everytime he came in to use it. Well, if someone was in there before him. He seriously wanted us to build a bathroom just for him. The owner told him that his rent for the storage unit, would be higher, if we done that.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Someone out there certainly has plenty of time on their hands, referring to whomever stole the chain. That's just gross. You would have to take the lid to the tank off, then stick your hands in that nasty water, keeping your hands in that nasty water for close to a minute before removing it. I only know this being I have worked on my share of toilets at home. It's a disgusting job, but someone has to do it. Doing this to play a prank would make me want to ring that person's neck!

Comment

Why do I have a feeling that this chain was going to be used to make 'gangsta bling'?

Comment

Arrrgh! The whole employee only bathroom thing is next to impossible to get into some SC's heads. I can just imagine the entitlement issues if YOU (an employee who is there for multiple hours) have one and THEY (who are out and about and can go anywhere...) don't.

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            That's just gross....hands in that nasty water, keeping your hands in that nasty water for close to a
            Just out of curiosity, what's nasty about reservoir water?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              Arrrgh! The whole employee only bathroom thing is next to impossible to get into some SC's heads. I can just imagine the entitlement issues if YOU (an employee who is there for multiple hours) have one and THEY (who are out and about and can go anywhere...) don't.

People have #1'd & #2'd in it...yuck...lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                [/B]

People have #1'd & #2'd in it...yuck...lol.
                Not yet they haven't.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Not yet they haven't.
                  But it's water in a toilet. Nevermind where. I'm less concerned with germs than most, but by sheer association, this would gross me out.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    Not yet they haven't.
                    You clearly have never heard of "upperdecking."
                    My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

I nearly have a heart attack every time I have to put new cleaning tabs in my tank and if I drop them in too fast, they splash water back up. Ishy!
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

For all you weirdos who have problems with the reservior, just flush, and then open up the reservior while it's filling. Easy enough to manipulate stuff or take it when it's mostly empty.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

Well, it's not something I would consider drinking out of. To me, it would be like putting your hands in the bowl itself.

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
                            You clearly have never heard of "upperdecking."
                            I have to ask.....know I probably should'nt. What is upperdecking?

Comment

Quoth MyEccentricHell View Post
                              I have to ask.....know I probably should'nt. What is upperdecking?
                              Are you sure you want to know??

Okay....don't say you weren't warned, and have the brain bleach ready.

Instead of the bowl, they remove the tank lid and take a shit in the tank!

Comment

Working...
                              X