X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Got Talent 2011

SQUEEE!!

All new season of America's Got Talent and it definitely started off well. I'm still squirming around at the thought of the guy juggling the tasers.

And incredibly disappointed by the sword fighters. I was expecting SCA level fighting and got...blah.

Anybody else watch?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

I was hoping the taser guy wouldn't accidentally get the wrong end of it, especally since he got into that tub of water.

I can't wait for the next airing, it looks good so far.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

first of all, tasers???

Secondly, while we've got Australia's Got Talent down here (hosted by the very enigmatic Grant Denyer), one of the acts keeps being compared to Susan Boyle >.> (an 40-something woman who actually looks GOOD for her age)

I'm busy squee-ing over The Amazing Race
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I *LOVE* America's Got Talent.

There's just a variety of acts on there. I just about peed myself with the kiddy rappers. "We were listening to the wadio and we started wapping!"

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I'm betting the kids get to the semi-finals. They were too adorable.

And fireheart, yes. Tasers. The guy juggled three military grade tasers (500,000 volts each) and then stepped into a tub of water while juggling them >.<

It was....*shudders*
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I loved the parrot that could talk, make animal sounds, and identify other animal sounds.

I joke to my mom that if only he was trained to ask at the crucial moment "Howie, Deal or no deal?"
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
              I'm betting the kids get to the semi-finals. They were too adorable.

And fireheart, yes. Tasers. The guy juggled three military grade tasers (500,000 volts each) and then stepped into a tub of water while juggling them >.<

It was....*shudders*
              Yeow, any way I can get a video of that?

I've got an interesting act for you guys from Down Under This was on the first series of Australia's Got Talent.

The guy called himself Col-E-Flower and pretty much played the potato and celery slide whistle and a carrot clarinet/saxophone. I kid you not. He actually hollowed out carrots and such and turned them into musical instruments.

Here's Col-E-Flower-"REMEMBER KIDS, EAT YOUR INSTRUMENTS!"

And again-"they're well crafted, they're well made, they're well full of dietary fibre

And the finale-He's full of Vitamin C and he's ripe for the picking!"

Comment

Here's a link to the full episode: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-tale...ght-1/1331063/

I couldn't find a clip unfortunately.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Here's a link to the full episode: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-tale...ght-1/1331063/

Ooh, awesome! I haven't even seen any commercials for it so I didn't realize it was on until we were flipping channels last night. We only caught about the last half hour (the three little boys were just finishing up). I was gonna see if it was available OnDemand but somehow I doubt it.

Then I watched The Voice that came on after just cuz I didn't bother changing it. Not impressed.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Clip won't play because I'm not in/from the US.

would that be The Danger Committee by any chance?
                    Last edited by fireheart; 06-02-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

It's not the Danger Committee, but a guy named Frank Miles.

W00T found a clip on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnb07_bAnzs
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

W00T found a clip on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnb07_bAnzs
                        Yeowch that guy has a death wish.

I loved the reactions of the audience-went from to in about 30 seconds and went right up when he stepped into the tub of water.

The judge's reactions were priceless.

Btw, the sound is WAY off in that video but you can see the judge's faces.

And another act from our end: A quick-change/dance act called Soul Mystique (this is their Grand Finale performance) I love the last "change" where he opens the umbrella over her and it turns into her last dress.
                        Last edited by fireheart; 06-02-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

And this past week's three episodes were amazing as well. But I'm betting either Howie or Piers is gone after this season.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I like the show but I wish there was more tension sometimes. Like in the judging. Piers said to one guy "not everyone gets 3 yesses but you just did." But everyone gets 3 yesses. There's no 2-1 splits, no mean criticisms even when they're good. I thought Piers was advertised as the mean one. I wanted to see him bitching at more people, like the lady gaga kid, he should've pointed out that he needs to sharpen his piano skills or get rid of the thing.

Comment

Another guy with a death wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SallrBhDFdg

this is from the most recent series of Australia's Got Talent and Holy Cow this guy is amazing!

And yes, he did actually make the host verify that the locks were real and to sign them as proof (on-camera too ).
                              Last edited by fireheart; 06-12-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X