This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about lack of direction!!

So I had a short shift tonight at Meijer from 6:30 to 11:00. My supervisor surprised me by putting me in Home instead of HBC (health and beauty care). So tonight was my first night working outside of HBC. Now, I always thought Home would be easy to work in. I figured, hey it's just the towels, some coffee makers, and some plastic storage containers right? Noo siree. Near the end of my shift, a co-worker approached me and asked if I was told how much of the store belongs to the Home department and I'm in charge of straightening. I told her that no one had explained anything to me, they just threw me out there, as usual. Imagine my shock when I found out that my area is MUCH bigger than i ever thought it was. Seriously, it's like a third of the damn store. It includes:

The craft section with all the beads, yarn, knitting stuff, etc.

The whole plumbing section at the back of the store

The entire furniture and rug sections also at the back of the store

Photo albums

Picture frames

Candles

Storage

Towels

Dinnerware

Kitchen appliances

Vacuums

Irons/ironing boards

Stain remover and dye

Mouse/fly traps

Shower curtains

Mason Jars for canning

Clearance aisle full of thermoses and dishes

Garbage cans

ETC, ETC.

Basically, I'm in charge of straightening and putting stuff back in this huge ass chunk of the store. So my co-worker was rushing around helping me finish. She was all "We're going to get our asses kicked if we don't finish this in time". She informed me that tommorow (today officially) is going to be HELL. Why? Because the President of Meijer is coming to inspect the place and everyone is all stressed out because last time the Store Director was disciplined because The President found some specks of dirt or something. What a bunch of bullshit. My co-worker said it made her really mad that no one showed me all that is part of my area and said "they're just setting you up for failure."

I could barely walk tonight because my feet, ankles, legs, and back were SCREAMING. I was advised to buy some shoe inserts and I did, hopefully they'll help somewhat. Arrrgh I HATE this place....
    Last edited by Despina83; 07-27-2009, 05:00 AM.

Make sure you also stretch before, during and after your shift. Do proper leg, back, arm & neck stretches. You may feel a little silly doing it at first, but it really does help. It also decreases the chances of injuring yourself.

Good luck with the visit. Nice how management thought that one through.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I thought plumbing usually fell under hard goods? We might have just had it that way. Home is hard for almost everyone. I usually got through it two or three times a night when I conditioned it thoroughly compared to ten to eleven times in hard goods and I had to help a coworker out for about a month or two when he started in home.

Comment

Working...
      X