Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emailing more people won't make it happen..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing more people won't make it happen..

A user handed me their laptop before they went on vacation to work on it - no problem since it'll give me the week to work on it. They say they'll be back Mon or Tues to pick it up.

I get the laptop repaired, cleaned and updated during the week and its set to go.

Monday - user doesn't show up.
    Tuesday - user doesn't show up. I take my laptop home with me since I have a big retail project on Wed.

Tuesday night I get an email: Can I pick up my laptop now?

This is off hours but I still reply:
    "Sorry, but I am not in the office now and I will be working on a big project in a retail store tomorrow, next time I'll be in the office is Thursday morning."

She emails back:
    "Can I meet you somewhere?"

"Your laptop is in the office and I am not going to have the time to go there to get it" (Mind you - I would have to leave about an hour and a half earlier just go get her laptop).

Next, I get an email from her team lead and I see that she asked if the lead could do anything. Ohhhh, that will make it better (not). It won't change anything.

Now, these people aren't sales, customer service, support, or even network operations making them pretty much the lowest priority. My project is a major overhaul in a retail store.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"
Working...
X