Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once paid a mere $5 to see Lewis Black live. My school really does get us some good deals for Homecoming! This year, it was Jim Gaffigan for $10!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      yeah, there used to be a media play in riverdale utah... I liked it because it was the only decent media store within 75 miles of where I live (logan... if you've never been there, save yourself and don't go)... then they closed and the only way to get good new stuff was to drive all the way to SLC... used stuff however, the best store is in the cache valley mall in downtown (if you can call it that) logan.
      Hey, I used to love to go to that Media Play!
      I went to Weber State and my roommate and I would go there and browse for a couple of hours every weekend. They did have a great selection. We would always end up spending more than what we probably should have. What's in that building now? For used music we would go to Greywhale.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
        Nobody got my Lewis Black reference :'(
        You mean the Starbucks across from a Starbucks thing?

It's a pretty popular joke these days.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
          I once paid a mere $5 to see Lewis Black live. My school really does get us some good deals for Homecoming! This year, it was Jim Gaffigan for $10!
          Does the price of admission include a complimentary Hot Pocket?
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

No, but it does include the Hot Pocket routine.

Comment

I remember when the Media Play's near me first started their 'going out of business' sales. It was somewhere around 10%-20% off. Having shopped there enough, I had a general idea of what everything cost. I guess what happened is instead of that % off being their regular price, it was off the manufacture suggested retail price, because even with the discount, alot of stuff was more expensive than the regular Media Play price.
              Both stores are still empty, one is in an outdoor shopping center, I don't know why it would still be empty, that center has got several new stores and been redone in the past couple years. The other is in a portion of a mall that is slated to be torn down and redone in the next two years.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                We used to have a Media Play in my area. They went under shortly after the Best Buy opened across the street. I had no idea until I stopped by there one weekend, and everything was 40% off. I went in picked up a bunch of CDs and DVDs.
                Funny, but just a few days ago I asked someone from your neck of the woods if that Media Play was still there (I'm guessing it's the same store). For awhile, I used to drive the 30-some miles every few weeks because it was a great store... most of my favorite things under one roof, and at a discount. At some point, I quit going.

I didn't know that store closed until I talked to my friend. No wonder they never built the one they promised for our town.
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                X