Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I swoop in like Batman on the worst type of SC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I swoop in like Batman on the worst type of SC.

I was in my local grocery superstore. I worked in retail for plenty long enough to know that any theft is directly a cause for increased prices. I hate shoplifters with a burning passion. They are stealing from the wallets of everyone that shops at that store.

Anyway, I spot a kid looking at movies that shoves something in his pants. I push my cart up that aisle and see a couple movies that are sliced open. He was pulling them open and removing the disk only.

A quick stroll up to the greeter and I inform them of what the kid is doing. The greeter phones security to get the eye on the sky on it. I tell the greeter that I will walk near him so they can spot him. The greeter sadly tells me that unless they watch the kid steal something they can not bust him.

My Batman sense of justice kicks in, and the little hamster on the wheel in my brain starts running.

I walk up to the kid who is reading a magazine.

I stealthily say “hey, I saw you swipe a couple movies back there..”
    He cut me off with “You work for security, you can’t bust me because it is not stealing until I leave the store.”
    I said “No, I don’t work for the store, I just think it was tricky how you swiped the movie. Show me how you did it.”
    Him “No, you work for the store.”
    Me “No I don’t. If I worked for the store and I told you to steal a movie then that would be entrapment and you would get away with it. I just want to see how you stole it.”
    Kid “ahh…good point. Here, let me show you.”

He walked back over to the DVD’s while I remained a good distance away. He pulled out a little box cutter and cut open the top of the movie, pulled the disk out, put the case back, and stuffed the disk into the band of his pants. I said Cool. I walked to the front of the store and paid for my items. I went into the little cafeteria, got a Diet Coke, and waited for the show. Sure enough, not 5 minutes later the kid comes strolling out to the front of the store making a bee line for the exit. Two guys come walking up behind him and one guy comes walking in the doors and surround him. BUSTED. I had a good hard laugh, making the people around me look at me like I was crazy. I finished my Diet Coke and tossed the cup.

A guy in a suit came up to me and asked me to follow him. A slight panic came over me as I wondered if I was somehow going to be involved in the theft accusation. The guy in the suit turned out to be the store manager. Security watched me to point the kid out, then the manager was called when I got more involved. They watched the entire thing, and laughed when they figured out what I was doing. They took my name and contact info and a statement. The manager then gave me a $50 gift card as a thank you.

Cool story!

Comment

Batman like justice rules! That's cool, and cool manager too! I'm all about rewarding the good, punish the bad.
      Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Smart enough to know what entrapment is, but still too arrogant to think he'll get caught.

Classic Batman villian.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I have this hilarious image of someone in a Batman cape leaning over a cafeteria table with his chin on his hands, sipping from his Coke with a huge twirly straw and a giant grin on his face.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            Classic Batman villian.
            And, he had to go and tell you his evil plans, and gets foiled by the Good Guy! Classic villain mistake.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              And, he had to go and tell you his evil plans, and gets foiled by the Good Guy! Classic villain mistake.
              He starts monologue-ing!
              The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
                He starts monologue-ing!
                Hey! Fro-zone!
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  I have this hilarious image of someone in a Batman cape leaning over a cafeteria table with his chin on his hands, sipping from his Coke with a huge twirly straw and a giant grin on his face.
                  Oh great. now I HAVE to draw that.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Sweet, sweet pwnage.
                    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Hahaha, I'll have to remember that one for when I'm at the mall. ;p

I'll draw it if you don't.

Comment

Competition Time!

Make a thread with all the entries.

Comment

Good work. That kid really did get pwn'd.

Comment

As usual, overexuberant ego is the downfall of youth.

Heehee, good job.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Now that's sweet. Sweet revenge by having a bit of fun with the perp, and then a reward to cap it all off. That's what call a good day.

I'm a little surprised that they need to catch the critter in the act in order to bust them on theft though. I'd have though that being in possession of the merchandise and trying to leave the store without having paid for it would have been enough for law enforcement. (Though maybe not for fearful corporate executives)

Comment

Working...
                              X