Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I work, it's mostly chip and pin. For the rare occasions that a person still has a swipe card, their signature has to match. They can provide another signature if the one on the card has worn away, otherwise we don't accept it. I've had a woman curse at me cuz I refused to accept her cover story that she'd put her card thru the washing machine and worn the signature off, and that I should just take her word for it and accept her card. I refused, and she threw a tantrum. She had no other signature on her, not even a driving licence, which struck me as very suspicious. In any case, after a supervisor and a duty manager were called who agreed with me, she dug out a twenty, balled it up and practically threw it at me. -.- If she had cash on her, why make such a fuss about the card?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Byronthebanker View Post
      This part is in BOLD on page 29:

Although Visa rules do not preclude merchants from asking for cardholder ID, merchants cannot make an ID a condition of acceptance. Therefore, merchants cannot refuse to complete a purchase transaction because a cardholder refuses to
      provide ID.
      I think I'm having a stupid day because that bit confused me. Does that mean merchants are required to still process the transaction if the customer refuses to show ID? Because I'm certain that's what I read but that seems so backwards to me.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        I think I'm having a stupid day because that bit confused me. Does that mean merchants are required to still process the transaction if the customer refuses to show ID? Because I'm certain that's what I read but that seems so backwards to me.
        Correct, assuming the card is signed and signatures match.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
          Correct, assuming the card is signed and signatures match.
          Ah ok, I was thinking that it meant merchants couldn't ask for ID even i there was no signature.
          So maybe it was just a stupid half-day.

Comment

Working...
          X