X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth karath View Post
    lungs the size of nebraska
    Hey, wait a minute! Why not pick on Iowa or Minnesota, why Nebraska?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      Hey, wait a minute! Why not pick on Iowa or Minnesota, why Nebraska?
      H-hey, leave Minnesota out of this
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
        anyone out there ever feel "positively" motivated after one of these chums?
        That's a good question. Of all the people these people assault, how many come away with a "Wow! You really opened my eyes by browbeating me with loud rhetoric in public!"

Surely little to none, right? But I guess that's not much of a deterrent. Either that, or they see the people that are too polite to tell them to screw off as victories.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
          H-hey, leave Minnesota out of this
          How about Rhode Island? It's like the appendix of the US-- Small, shriveled, and no one quite knows what it's good for.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Had something similar happen to me at a fast food restaurant on Sunday at lunchtime. I was waiting to order and a woman put her arm across my shoulders and said, "Isn't this a beautiful day the Lord has given us?" I could have congratulated her - I only met her 10 seconds ago, and she's already pissed me off three ways: 1. She invaded my personal space without permission. 2. She made physical contact without permission. And 3. She expected me to share her religious affiliations. Instead I stepped away from her and said (loudly), "I'm an athiest - get the f*** away from me." I was rewarded with stunned silence - not just from her, but from the entire restaurant. But I'm not proud.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth ktopmil View Post
              Trainee(to me and L): Should I tell him I'm Catholic???

I've actually gotten in small amounts of trouble in the past for wishing such loudly religious people well...of course, since I'm not entirely Christian, being wished well in the format of "Goddess bless you!" tends to go over like a dead fish...

...But if they want to bellow their religion at me, they've invited it, I figure...

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                I've actually gotten in small amounts of trouble in the past for wishing such loudly religious people well...of course, since I'm not entirely Christian, being wished well in the format of "Goddess bless you!" tends to go over like a dead fish...

...But if they want to bellow their religion at me, they've invited it, I figure...
                Ooo, yeah. I should mix that with the girlfriend-kissing. It'd be awesome. Just freak them out completely.

... I really can't swear that I use my beliefs for good anymore, can I? At least I use them for messing with loudmouths.
                "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
                Or my Webcomic!

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                  You would've had a different effect on me ...
                  It's not polite to point

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                    It's not polite to point
                    What's wrong with it?
                    "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
                    Or my Webcomic!

Comment

The church I grew up in (very much Bible thumpers) use to call me and yell at me I was going to Hell for marrying someone:

1. Outside the church, nevermind the fact that I had stopped going when I moved away from home and told them I was never coming back.

2. That played the devil's music on his drums (the devil's music is rock and roll for those who don't know)

3. Someone so much older than me, although they couldn't list the scripture that said that was a sin, it just was.

The last straw, right before I changed my number, was telling me I married the devil.

I told the person that I knew the devil would be good in bed, but shouldn't he have money, too? Yes, they did hang up on me. Hmm, does that mean my children are the Anti-Christs? I thought there was only one Anti-Christ. Don't get me wrong sometimes I wonder about them.

I'm Agnostic and have no problem with anyone of any faith unless they try to push it on me. I don't push being Agnostic on anyone and I don't want them to push what ever they believe on me.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I don't mind religious shouting types as long as they don't mind my Satanist shouting back at them. I'm agnostic, but SO was at one time an ordained Satanist priest, so I can get all, "I walk the path of the Dark One" on cue.
                        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                          heh, both the hubby and i have taken up a particular response to any sort rantings against our faith, inspired by this comic!!!! because everything is better with comics

(you may want to save it in a folder and zoom in for easier reading)
                          Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 06-17-2008, 05:22 PM. Reason: edited for a image fix
                          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                            I'm Agnostic and have no problem with anyone of any faith unless they try to push it on me. I don't push being Agnostic on anyone and I don't want them to push what ever they believe on me.
                            What do you get if you cross a Jehova's Witness with an agnostic?
                            Someone who stands on your doorstep wondering whether or not to knock.

What do you get if you cross a Jehova's Witness with an atheist?
                            Somebody who knocks on your door for no reason.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post

2. That played the devil's music on his drums (the devil's music is rock and roll for those who don't know)
                              ...or metal, like I listen to.

Back in my college days, the twit who lived across the hall stopped by for whatever reason -- must have had to do with one of my roommates because we weren't friends, and I had some Iron Maiden playing. As soon as she heard it, she asked me why I was listening to "that devil shit."

I told her I didn't know the devil personally, so I wouldn't know what he listened to. For some reason, she never spoke to me again after that. Which was fine by me.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                                ...or metal, like I listen to.
                                That reminds me, I once had a co-worker who became a born-again Christian. The only part he didn't like was that he couldn't listen to death metal any more. He kept going into record stores and asking for "Chrisitan death" and got offered CDs by the band Christian Death. Eventually he found the one Christian record store in town, which actually has a death metal section. For anyone interested, Christian death metal music is mostly about the Crucifixion.

Comment

Working...
                                X