X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the perfect song to read that story to:

Darwin's Pride and Joy

Enjoy. I do.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

...He put alligator clips on his-WHAT THE HELL?! O_o

...What terrifies me more is the fact that he's the future of America.

My physics professor in high school did the shock everyone experiment. I knew what he was up to, but of course, didn't spoil it for a very expressive classmate standing across from me, where she'd get the worst shock. I just stood there with a stupid grin on my face. :-P
      Coworker: Distro of choice?
      Me: Gentoo.
      Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

See, this is why MTV should show reruns of Beavis and Butt-head more often. The children of today could learn a lesson or two from that episode where they immitate Benjamin Franklin and electrocute themselves!
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

<BERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZERRRRRRRRRRRT!>

Sorry - my brain needed a hit of voltage to get working again after reading that.

FFS - when I did electrical courses, the first thing the teacher would say EVERY DAY was this stuff (electricity) can, and will kill you.

And this is back in the '80s.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Like everyone else, I was told that putting your fingers in an electric socket is a bad idea.

Like everyone else, I did it anyways.

NOT doing that ever again!

In completely unrelated related news, if you use three paperclips you can bridge a socket in a most amusing manner. First put one paperclip into each slot. Then drop the third paperclip on top of the other two. You will see the power of electricity, for a brief time, including a bright flash of the spark. It was still enough to daze me.

I learned my lesson though!

Comment

maybe they should have done this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaUNcd7fecg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLRZ_UpDhb0

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                God forbid this moron has kids.
                That might have been prevented if he'd attached the cord somewhere else on his person...

Comment

But he doesn't understand it... He was being good and working with one hand behind his back...

(In my high-voltage course we were told that sparkies work with one hand behind their back not only because they're that good, but because it prevents current travelling across your body).

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                    (In my high-voltage course we were told that sparkies work with one hand behind their back not only because they're that good, but because it prevents current travelling across your body).
                    Sort of. It's the left hand behind the back specifically, and the reason is if you accidentally touch a live current, the path will follow the quickest path to the ground, which is through the right side of your body, away from the heart. The heart is the second most susceptible organ (second to the brain) to failure from electrical shock, so if you can keep any current as far away from the heart as possible, the better your chances.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                    X