Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always hated when a fellow coworker could dye their hair a hideous shade of dark red, but I wasn't allowed to put a bit of green in mine. "It has to be a natural colour" was their excuse. I want to know where in the world people are being born with dark cherry red hair.

I would hate to work somewhere that only allows one piercing per ear. Right now I have 11 in my ears.

Comment

I have no problems with body mods of most kinds. I am currently working on a full left sleeve and I am pretty sure that I want stop there.
      However that being said, facial piercings bother me if the person cant leave them alone. Nothing grosses me out more then someone clicking thier toung bar over thier teeth or fidding with thier lip piercings with there toung or fingers.
      Being in management I have to admit when someone comes in with a facial mod I do think about how my customers will handle it, however at the same time if they have a wonderful resume and good references I certainly would look past the mods.
      How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Quoth flicksgirl View Post
        I have no problems with body mods of most kinds. I am currently working on a full left sleeve and I am pretty sure that I want stop there.
        However that being said, facial piercings bother me if the person cant leave them alone. Nothing grosses me out more then someone clicking thier toung bar over thier teeth or fidding with thier lip piercings with there toung or fingers.
        Being in management I have to admit when someone comes in with a facial mod I do think about how my customers will handle it, however at the same time if they have a wonderful resume and good references I certainly would look past the mods.
        Not to worry. Karma will visit those with tongue and lip piercings. Those things cause micro-fractures in the teeth, and the teeth will eventually shatter because of it. Tongue and lip piercings will keep dentists in business for many more years.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

For a long while I was in a bad relationship and the guy used to say he hated tongue rings with a passion so when we broke up I got one.

Well at the time my job had no rules against ANY body mods so I was okay till one night. We had a game at my store where there was nightly trivia and if you called in first you got a prize. One manager made the question "name all the workers with tongue rings and get a prize" so she could write up or punish those of us with them. I was the only one on the clock with one and no one in the store knew I had it. I was discrete with my tiny unimportant mod, I wore plastic and it was clear so no one could see it and I tend to be soft spoken so my mouth did not open wide enough most people would notice.

I called her over and told her I win. I pulled out my metal first bar from my wallet where I kept it in case i lost the other and told her she could not punish me because there was nothing in the dress code forbidding it.

She was shocked. I was conservatively dressed and I explained to her what it meant to me, about my breaking my cycle of abuse with my ex and how it made me feel to have the bar in and how it helped me feel stronger about my leaving him and how it was a physical reminder of what I had survived and reminded me not to backslide.

That being said 10 yrs later I don't have the stud, but I still remember how it was a kind of security blanket till I could be strong without the reminder.

Comment

Working...
          X