This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? Why?

Putting this here because it in no way affects my job or anything, it's just kind of an Uh, Whut? thing.

My coworker has been telling a few people for the past few months that she is pregnant. Posting about it on FB along with sonogram pictures. (One of the guys is friends with her on there.) Well, my boss has been hearing about it through the grapevine so he asked her about it in a friendly way (hey, heard this, congrats) a few days ago. She denied it. Huh? Okay, on one hand, you're telling some people you're pregnant 5-6 months, but on the other, to your supervisor you're denying it and wanting to know "Who told you that?".

Being pregnant or not doesn't or, shouldn't affect our job. We mostly sit all night unless someone needs something. We're all scratching our heads and trying to figure out why she would deny something that if it's true, will be known within a few months. LOL I'm thinking she's hoping for drama some way.
    You can't take the sky from me...

This is like the weird, bizarro world version of the rule about not asking someone if they're pregnant. Or is there some caveat to that rule about not telling the boss no matter what happens? I don't really get all these girl part rules.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

The only thing I can think of is she has this bee in her bonnet about management firing her. Or she thinks she may lose it. But either of those? She should keep it quiet ALL around if so....

The worse one that I can think of is she is running a long complicated scam and *isn't* pregnant.... but I'm hoping its not that one.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Is she showing?

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
          Is she showing?
          Yeah, good question.

Well, anyway, you'll know in a few more months, right?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
            Is she showing?
            Good question. 5 to 6 months is when most women start to show.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

She has sonogram pics up on FB and had told a couple of people it's a girl. She's kind of a bigger girl and wears her uniform shirt big, so you can't tell right now. I think she's just trying to hide it for the drama factor. Maybe she'supset that someone stole the drama from her by telling other people before she got to reveal it? She's 25, so you would think she'd know by now that you can't get fired for being pregnant. I'm telling y'all, we're pretty confused up at work right now. Don't know if we should congratulate her or ignore all the rumors and see what happens. I admit, the wait and see is pretty interesting.
              Last edited by mlmama; 08-06-2014, 03:15 AM. Reason: alcohol makes me ramble...
              You can't take the sky from me...

Comment

Not every woman shows, even when nine months pregnant, so that's not really a good indicator.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I saw once woman at a party that looked like she was going to give birth at any moment. She had the perfect profile of a pregnant woman. Turned out she was 65 years old. You can never tell by looking.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X