• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things my co-worker told me plus what happened on his shift this week

People involved in this post:

Missy: *not her real name* parking office clerk
    Nancy: *not her real name* parking office clerk
    Andrea: *not her real name* parking office manager; Missy & Nancy's direct boss

1) According to what our immediate supervisor at the parking company we both work for told my co-worker, the university parking office made many mistakes after taking on the responsibility of being over the visitor parking garage. I do not know the specifics.

2) Our immediate supervisor & the parking office staff both want us to help every customer whose token does not work at the exit gate by literally walking up to that gate, asking them what happened, & letting them out with the clicker...even when we are currently assisting a customer at the booth window. We are also supposed to walk up to the entrance gate to assist customers who did not stop at the booth *there are customers who literally drive past the booth and straight up to the entrance gate*...even when we are currently assisting a customer at the booth window.

Earlier this week while my co-worker was assisting a customer at the booth window, a customer drove up to the exit gate, inserted their token into the "box" at that gate, but the gate arm did not raise. So the customer pressed the call button on the call box. The call went to the parking office. Andrea answered the call. She was pissed the he did not assist the customer. So she called him, & told him he had to walk up to the exit gate to assist the customer, & the entire time she was talking to him, she was pissed off. I do not know if the customer at the booth window complained.

President's office event this past Friday:

My co-worker had to stand inside the visitor parking garage to 1) direct the guests who arrived for the event to a parking spot & 2) direct the guest to the elevator lobby while Missy stayed inside the booth to greet the guests.

The reason why Nancy complained to him this past Friday:

Because he raised the exit gate while she was assisting a customer who had pressed the call button on the call box at that gate. He noticed that the customer had been at that gate for a while, & so he raised the gate. This was because our immediate supervisor does not want customers sitting at that gate or the entrance gate too long. He also does not want the parking office to get a phone call from a customer at either gate. Nancy called him to complain that she was assisting the customer. Needless to say, our immediate supervisor might be notified...again.

To be frank, I'm not real impressed with your real supervisor. Your company is letting you (and your coworkers) be put in an impossible situation by the school. This should have long since gone above the parking office. They need to lay out a case-by-case instruction of what to do when. Right now, the only rule seems to be that the parking office doesn't want to actually do anything.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
    X