This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Samaliel View Post
    This story reminds me of a semi-joke we have running at the goth/metal bar I frequent :
    "Have you seen Tony ?"
    - Er... Sorry, I don't think I know him. What does he look like ?
    - Tall guy. Long dark hair. He's got some piercing and tattoos and usually wears a black leather coat."

I think that describes more than half of the regulars of place. Really happened once or twice, though.
    We had this happen at SugoiCon (Anime convention) outside of the Saturday night dance:

Mom: But I need to talk to my daughter!

Bouncer: Sorry. No badge, no admittence.

Mom: Could you get a message to her if I described her?

Bouncer: Maybe. It's kinda dark in there. What does she look like?

Mom: She's got blue hair pigtails and a schoolgirl outfit.

Bouncer: <eyeroll & sighs> Ma'am, I cannot begin to explain how many girls in there meet that description...

Us (other con workers):
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
      That sounds familiar! Wasn't that from the Royal Canadian Air Farce? Good stuff...
      It certainly was. Mike also had a stuffed dog named Norm whom he would give commands to (of course the dog did nothing). The performer who played Mike died several years ago but it was a great skit.

Ariana, I used to get this all the time at my call center, what always pissed me off was that in the time the customers would bitch about me not being able to get them back to whomever they were talking to, they could have told me their problem and I could probably have already solved it.

I once had a call escalated to a supervisor because this woman was FURIOUS I could not transfer her back to "John". That's all she knew about him. Our company has THOUSANDS of employees and I suspect more than one is named "John". Not that I could get you back to him anyway...
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        It certainly was. Mike also had a stuffed dog named Norm whom he would give commands to (of course the dog did nothing). The performer who played Mike died several years ago but it was a great skit.
        I'm Mike. From Canmore. This is my dog Norm. He's from Canmore too. Roll over! ...or not.

RIP Mike.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Kinda like a non-SCA type trying to find one particular guy at an SCA event. "Well, he's kinda stocky and has long hair and a beard. Fights in armor . . ."

Yeah, 85 of the hundred guys here today . . .

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
            "she sounded like she had red hair"
            That made me laugh audibly.
            I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
            -The Amazing E
            Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              Kinda like a non-SCA type trying to find one particular guy at an SCA event. "Well, he's kinda stocky and has long hair and a beard. Fights in armor . . ."

Yeah, 85 of the hundred guys here today . . .

Wow... I just need the armor. *mutters about needing a Barbarian smiley*
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                Wow... I just need the armor.
                I can put you in touch with some folks . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  I can put you in touch with some folks . . .
                  For me it's budget issues more than connections, I'm afraid.

Besides, I'm still wobbling between going with hard leather for mobility and ease of wear or half-plate for stopping-power and cool factor when I manage to get in a position to start saving.
                  Last edited by JustADude; 07-24-2008, 08:55 AM.
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Well, I want pictures when you do . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                      Well, I want pictures when you do . . .
                      Will do!

Comment

Working...
                      X