This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Station Suck

Today, I was able to escape from the supermarket Sunday madness. Sadly it meant I had to go to petrol to cover for someone who's ill; right during the madness of people panic buying cuz they believe everything they read in the papers. We don't even get our petrol from Scotland, where the crisis is; we get ours from the next county. But that doesn't stop people going nuts filling their tanks to the brim.

It's Raining Change!

This complete moron threw a handful of loose change at me and bellowed "Pump 10!" when I was serving another customer. He then left while I was picking up his scattered coins. The laugh was on him tho; he was £2.50 over. And cuz he'd left, I sadly couldn't give it to him.

Be Fricking Patient, Moron!

Today, roughly about 4 people came into the petrol station to whine, "The pump's broken!" due to the fact that we were run off our feet and weren't able to authorise the pump in one second. One woman barely had hers in her car for two seconds before she yanked it out and went storming over to the petrol station to moan. -.-

Media Blackout.

Cuz of all the people charging into the petrol station, we ended up running out of Mirrors and News Of The Worlds and cuz we were all needed to cope with the huge influx of people, we were unable to go get more. However, some people were unable to grasp this and bitched and moaned about the injustice about having to head to the main store for a paper.

Ha Ha! *points and laughs*

Kid: I'd like 10 Mayfair, please.
    Me: Sorry, but I have to see some ID.
    Kid: (bristles) But I'm 16!
    Me: Sorry, but the law states you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes.

Call me a meanie, but no matter how many times this happens, I never get tired of it. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    The laugh was on him tho; he was £2.50 over. And cuz he'd left, I sadly couldn't give it to him.
    Ooh, look. A tip!

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Ooh, look. A tip!
      More like an idiot tax...

Comment

I think if someone threw loose change at me, I'd pause the current transaction and call the cops. I don't take well to assault.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

How'd (s)he take it?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Call me a meanie, but no matter how many times this happens, I never get tired of it. XD
            That law's never made any sense to me, why allow smoking at 16 but require you to be 18 before you can directly buy them?
            Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
            Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
              That law's never made any sense to me, why allow smoking at 16 but require you to be 18 before you can directly buy them?
              The theory is that from 16 to 18 it's not considered abuse if a parent or guardian lets a child smoke. However, at 16, a child isn't considered mature enough to make that decision on their own.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                How'd (s)he take it?
                Like a small child deprived of sweets. XD

And over here, the law changed last October so that you now have to be 18 to buy tabacco products; you'd think that the kids would have found this out by now. Think it's 18 to smoke too, but not sure about that bit.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Think it's 18 to smoke too, but not sure about that bit.
                  well actually....

I (and a fully warrented officer) can confiscate Tobacco and related products (inc papers) from those under 16, but not those 16+17y/o kids. They can legally smoke, but they can't buy it lawfully.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Like a small child deprived of sweets.
                    Ah, I see.

Poor thing.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X