Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrating with rum....and here's why....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aislin View Post
    Jester is a Sun Devil and I am in Wildcat country.
    Dislike? Our Jester?

He may, however, ask for experienced expertise on which beer best matches a particular vintage of library paste...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
      The state of Arizona welcomes home Jester. We'll be glad to have you though I will have to toast you from a city I know you don't like.
      I like Tucson, actually. I have no problem with the city.

It's just the craptastic "school" located there that I don't care for.

Quoth dalesys View Post
      He may, however, ask for experienced expertise on which beer best matches a particular vintage of library paste...
      I really don't get this, for a couple reasons.

First, I don't generally ask what beers go with what...people ask ME.

Secondly, I was never one of those kids that ate library paste. So...no.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Secondly, I was never one of those kids that ate library paste. So...no.
        That's why you'd have to ask an inmate of that other "school".

Around here we have to ask the stupidents from We-Buy-Blue what flavor Coke/Mountain Dew goes with their paste.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I understand the dig at the other school. But asking such opinions implies that I myself am considering a meal of paste. And that's just silly.

I'd much rather ask alums of that so-called "school" in Tuscon how their Rose Bowl trophy case is doing.

Or what it's like to have their home football games in a community college-like stadium.

Or how it feels to lose a double overtime game to their hated rival due to, not one, but TWO blocked extra point attempts.

Or what it's like to go to classes at a place where their biggest claim to cinematic fame is being "Adams College" in "Revenge of the Nerds."

Or point out that their mascot licks it's own butt.

Or any other more pointed dig that deals directly with their actual history.

Seriously, Dale? Paste eating? I would expect far more intelligent and wittier insults from one such as you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Small glitch in the plans.

My best friend works for a major airline. So I can get stupidly cheap tickets. But in the past, to do so, I would have to drive four hours to Fort Lauderdale to fly out, rather than flying out directly from Key West.

Well, a while back, said airline finally started offering service to Key West. This made my friend and I very happy, as it meant she could come see me far more easily (she flies free, after all), and it would make my traveling home less of a pain.

Not so fast, my friends.

It seems that, due to the various arrival and departure times, I cannot, in fact, fly out of Key West for Phoenix. At two of the potential connecting airports, the one flight from Key West would land after the last flight to Phoenix had departed. At the other two, while I would be able to fly TO Phoenix, coming back wouldn't work because the earliest return flight lands after the last Key West-bound flight.

So once again, my choices are to pay full price to fly out of Key West, or drive to Lauderdale and pay a ridiculously low fare.

Duh. Road trip!

Still A Customer."

Comment

If you're gonna drive to Ft. Lauderdale, you should stop for coffee in Homestead!

Seriously though, I'm super happy for you. I can't believe I missed this thread until now.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Depending on the timing, I may stop for breakfast, but if you know me, you know coffee will not enter the equation!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay fine. I'll get the coffee, you get whatever it is you like to drink on a road trip!
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                  X