Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one guy who apparently has a line of credit at the store (I never even knew we did that), his transactions are always interesting. Even though there's no tax on groceries anyway, he feels the need to bellow "TAX EXEMPT!" and flip out if I hit the button and nothing comes off the total--which nothing will, as he never gets nonfood items.

I think he might work for a nonprofit, but thinks he doesn't need to show proof to the cashier and only to the service desk (I don't know you from Cthulhu, everyone else who has a TE number shows me proof and you are not as special as you think). It quickly hit the point where I'm sick of explaining it to him, sadly he always seems to seek me out when I'm on register.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Hmmm. So, he is just giving them a 5 cent discount out of the store's pockets, the deposit is still getting sent to depositland, is my thinking. Just like an 8% off coupon doesn't meant you're not paying sales tax. The only question would be if you can get in trouble for small discounts being given on your drawer.

Comment

That I'm not clear on; we process zillions of coupons for less than a dollar, but I'm not sure if the contents of the coupon drawer are ever checked against the register coupon log.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X