X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got broadsided today...

...by a pedestrian.

I stopped at the local market which has a breakfast/lunch counter this morning on my way to work for some delicious cooked to order food. When I left, I backed out onto the street and started to head off on my way.

I noticed a guy standing about 8 feet away from the crosswalk in front of the post office (on my side of the street) and he looked like he was thinking about stepping out into the road there, because obviously moving to the crosswalk would be too difficult.

I started to slow down for him, but then he went back to flipping through the mail in his hand. I rolled closer to him, and stopped for a girl who decided to use the crosswalk for crossing.

As I'm sitting there watching her cross the road, I hear a loud *THWUMP* from my passenger side and look up to see that Mr. Jaywalker had decided to do so and walked directly into the side of my giant station wagon.

The girl turned to look and was staring at him like , but she kept moving and cleared the lane. I saw the the dude who walked into me had stepped back and looked equally dumbfounded so I just pulled away laughing at him.

Well, that's a new one. Wow, I thought other drivers were bad....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If this were anywhere else, I'd think it was a scam to claim you hit them.

But fankly, I doubt he's got the brain power to try to pull somethign like that off.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
      X