X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    they're Iron Man/Woman.
    There's an Iron Woman? When did Mr. Stark get married?
    *doesn't keep up on her comics, really, just has a bizarre ability to keep random facts from nowhere*
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      There's an Iron Woman? When did Mr. Stark get married?
      *doesn't keep up on her comics, really, just has a bizarre ability to keep random facts from nowhere*
      I do remember in one alternate continuity that Stark was born a woman. I think it was the mangaverse.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

<Nerd Tangent/> Actually, she was Toni Stark, Tony's sister, and she was secretly helping the supposedly dead tycoon. He was a head in a jar, but still able to think and design. Rather cool twist, that. </Nerd Tangent>

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
          I do remember in one alternate continuity that Stark was born a woman. I think it was the mangaverse.
          They did have Stark as a woman in the mangaverse, but it was Tony's niece or sumsuch. Tony was just a head on a robot, similar to what Futurama does for guest spots.

Aside: I'm convenced that Marvel cancelled the mangaverse because it was already more interesting than the main Marvel titles.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have a different idea. Duct tape the kid to the wall.

Of course, this is why I will never be a parent.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Of course, this is why I will never be a parent.
              No, but you'll be the world's best babysitter. Can I put you on call? I'll even provide the duct tape.

Comment

After letting this whole story stew for a while, I decided that if I ever witness such a rude kid ever goes off on some poor working schmoe while his mother smirks with pride from the sidelines I'm going to take out my cellphone, dial (or pretend to dial, depending on how offensive the kid's being) the nonemergency police line, and make a report in a loud and clear voice:

"Yes, sheriff's department, there's this kid at the video game store making an awful scene, swearing and threatening the staff and there isn't a parent in sight."

Mom may not feel so proud once her Precious Wubbykins getting a disturbing the peace charge.

Parent. It's not just a noun, it's a verb.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  "Yes, sheriff's department, there's this kid at the video game store making an awful scene, swearing and threatening the staff and there isn't a parent in sight."

Mom may not feel so proud once her Precious Wubbykins getting a disturbing the peace charge.

Parent. It's not just a noun, it's a verb.
                  Dang it yet another rule #1 violation.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I know someone who got stapled to his mattress in college...

Seems my college roommate got a bit drunk and stupid one night, and decided to wake up the entire floor with his antics. I went across the hall to help someone with a homework assignment, and since it was only 'a few minutes,' I didn't bother locking the door. Well, one of the guys got in there...wrapped a sheet over the drunk...and then stapled his ass to the bed's wooden frame Needless to say, that was the last time he came in drunk
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We'll save the stapling for the teens. I am strictly duct tape for the kiddos.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X