This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're going to lie to the Judge, don't blog the truth

When you’re in business for yourself you know that at least once someone is going to try to sue you for something. Well it finally happened.
    A very bizarre woman who can’t handle being wrong, she considered her two phone calls to us, where we could barely even get out of her who she was or what she even wanted, to be “contact”. (she sounded like a telemarketer) She even accused my husband of smoking drugs in our store on the day she came in. (needless to say, at that point we encouraged her to sue)

So we come to court fully armed. Where she has her repair bill and the bills she used to nickel and dime us on copies, stamps, envelopes, mileage, and time away from work we have an actual tire to show her claim isn’t even possible, two State employee witnesses one of whom was working that day, diagrams of her type of car, letters from respected officials (and friends) disputing her drug claim and most importantly……. A printout of her myspace blog where she blogged about that day and not once mentioned the problem she was suing us for.

Yes, her own words won the case for us. She wrote it 4 days after her contact with us and where she described everything from the weather to her differing moods, how she put her car in “e-shift” as she gained altitude and the weather got worse, every song that came on the radio, every mood she went through, her time at our store (No mention of drugs of course. What she thought she would accomplish by throwing that one out there I don’t know) and her drive to her destination, the view and the memories the view brought up. But not a word of her so-called “problem” 4 days later.

And not only that, she lied in court after she found out I had that blog page. (I also had proof that it was hers in case she tried to claim otherwise) Little did she know that the guy she decided to say she spoke to that morning was one of my witnesses so I was able to prove she was lying.

I half expected the Judge to pull a 'King Solomon' and split the amount she was claiming if she didn't understand the situation but nope she saw our point, the lack of proof on the nutcase's side and the nutcases own words and ruled zero liability.

I am so incredibly happy.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

I love it when I LOL at thread titles. Thanks.

Comment

Can't you countersue her for damages to your business and credibility?

Of course you have to then prove it damaged your business in some way.

Comment

Quoth Namrepus221 View Post
        Can't you countersue her for damages to your business and credibility?

Of course you have to then prove it damaged your business in some way.

I think if she was proved so incredibly an idiot in this case, it's not really worth it to sue. It takes too much time and money away from the business to bring up another civil suit.
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

What did she claim in her suit?
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

She can't hurt our credibility. Everyone I know, from regular customers to every officer and highway worker around is laughing their arses off at this woman.

She tried to claim that we installed her tire chains wrong and they did damage. Problem is, for the install to have caused the damage she's claiming they would have had to break and come off the tire. (but the same type of damage can be caused by the driver and still happen with a correct install if the driver doesn't drive correctly)
            She admitted to us and in court that they were intact and on correctly when she reached her destination. She did the damage herself when she took them off by either throwing them over to the inside and/or getting them wrapped around the axle. Her only "proof" was a fictitious conversation that not only looked like a complete lie based on her blog page but the person she claimed to have it with was there as our witness and was able to tell the Judge that it didn't happen.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been too upset with the Judge ordering us responsible if she were a normal person who honestly thought we were at fault. Life is unfair and sucks at times, but when she lied and accused my husband of something he's never done before I knew that if she'd won we were definitely going to appeal. She's been a pain in my side since Christmas.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
            ~Clerks

Comment

Working...
            X