Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, You Can't Study on the Floor. Not Yours.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun solution, but it has a good potential to lead to escalation.

If I'm in a position where I know I can have the car towed, I would leave a note the first time, letting them know that if it happens again, they will be towed.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At my work we have a parking lot and residents CONSTANTLY using it as their own personal free parking lot. This is mainly because all the parking is 2 hours and the parking inspectors are ANAL and will book you for being their 1min over. So naturally, when people come to work later in the day like myself and find there is no parking you get pissed. Came one day to find that someone had parked across TWO spots and they were NOT an employee. It was raining, and I mean BUCKETING down, and because it was about 12 all the on street parking was taken and I had to go 3 blocks over to get a spot that was only ONE hour parking. I told my boss and he said to come back and park the person in, they can't do SH*T because it's private parking. My boss stood and waited for me to come and park and while I was getting the car the owner came back. Boss chewed them out BIG time. Their excuse "but it was raining"...the response “HELLO EMPLOYEE WAS STUCK IN THAT SAME RAIN! AND HAD TO PARK THREE BLOCKS OVER BECAUSE OF YOU TAKING THEIR SPOT!” we now have stickers that we put on the drivers side window they are hard to get off. We only needed to sticker one resident before they stopped taking out spots.
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

When a friend of mine moved to a small apartment house some time back, a neighbor stole her basement.

Or tried to, at least. The house had one small basement room with a wooden door per apartment. Since my friend's place used to be two apartments that were combined to one, she has two basement rooms, but uses only one to store her stuff.

One day she came down to find her empty room full of boxes and a chain lock(?) on the door. Neighbor left no note, didn't ask, nothing.

She put a sign on the door stating that she'd break the lock and throw the whole stuff out if the room weren't cleared by this-and-that date. The room was empty again a few days later.

Honestly, the nerve of some people.
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
          I paid for the condo and two spots. Mine. Easy enough, right?

My neighbors have 4 adults in their condo. They have 4 cars. Only 2 spaces. Guess who's extra spot they park in so that my friends have to park in the plaza's parking lot ACROSS the street when they visit. Right. The spot that Not Theirs.

I can't, for the life of me, explain to them WHY I need them to stay out of my extra spot.
          For that, you can go to the management company for your condo and talk to them about it. If you've been blocking both spots like you said and they're still being jerks about it, ignore them. If they continue to press leave a note along these lines:

Why hello there, I see you wanted to park here but here's good old me sitting here taking up these 2 spots. I can understand that you're angry and you want to park here and all but the owner of those two spots paid for them and it upsets him/her that such measures of me being parked across two spots has to be done because people seem to take things that isn't theirs, which in this case would be you trying to take that empty spot that isn't YOURS!!!!!

The owner of these two spots is sick and tired of this and has talked to the management company, if the owner discovers that you attempted to park here again another note will be left on the concept on buying and paying and how it relates to ownership and these two spots. Have a nice day!

Or if possible look into your town's laws and mention them to the condo managers.

I should also add that at Whiskeyclone we've had parking problems before beside the usual VIP and Bank Row spots some idiots take that aren't theirs. We have the basketball team's training center right next to Whiskeyclone and we have our own employee lot also. For all basketball games we have to park in the employee lot, one day some customers followed some of the employees parking in the lot, they figured "Hey, we don't have to pay at all, let's go for it." Only a few of them got away but we caught them and made them pay the fee. As for the training center, this happened a few weeks ago: Some idiots decided to park in the training center lot because none of us had any business up there except security. Security recognized the unfamiliar cars, called us, and they shut the gates to the training center down. We had to make sure people didn't leave until they paid us. In other words, we kept them there at the end of the game.
          Last edited by ArenaBoy; 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The people at my grandmother's apartment complex are very good about not taking others' spots. Nobody seems to want the spot closest to the dumpster. Grandma no longer drives...yet the space is included in her rent. Since it's always open when I arrive, I always get it
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I just moved to an apartment. It's the first time I've ever lived in one.

Anyway, we get one space, and so far, there has only been someone else in it once, and that was in the first week.

I expect to start having problems with it once we no longer have the rental car and it ends up being empty much of the time.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At my apartment, there is a parking lot in the back where tenants can park. They aren't assigned, but it's just been the way things have gone since the beginning....my neighbor parks in the first spot, I park the in 2nd one, on the rare occasion roomate stops by, he parks in the 3rd, and so on and so on.

Once my neighbors had some fellow crackhead friends over and they parked horizontally blocking me in and I was nearly late for work and nearly bashed their car out of the way!

Since my roomate is never home, other tenants have told friends (or if they have other vehicles themselves) to park in the 3rd spot, since for days and weeks at a time, it's always empty. I could care less. However, on the rare occasion roomate stops home and a car is in that parking spot, he comes tromping up the stairs ready to bust down the door and scream at me to tell whichever friend I have over to move their car out of his facking spot. He nearly pisses himself when no one is here, a neighbor's friend or someone parked there.

However, I take my chances. If I have a guy or a friend spending the night, I want them to feel safe and comfortable. I'd rather have them park back there than on the street. I let my friends park in his spot. He hasn't came home and caught me yet.
                Plus, if he did come home and throw a tantrum, I'd throw his whole spiel right back at him. "Remember, you don't live here anymore! You made that quite clear months ago. You're just checking the mail, remember?"

My new apartment has assigned spots and you have to obtain a ticket, kind of like when you go to college to park in designated parking lots. At least no one will ever park in my spot
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Dude i would approach them about renting the spot, and charge them insane rent, though not like illegal rent. it would make it worth your troubles them

Comment

The only time I can remember sitting on the floor in a book store, was when I was trying to find a book on the lowest shelf and didn't want to crane my neck. As to why I stayed there, well it's very simple. I couldn't get my fat arse back up off the floor. It's one of those "Aw crap, I'm stuck." type of moments.
                    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                    X