This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget!

A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
    Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
    'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
    'Sure..'
    'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
    'No, I can remember it.'
    'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, sonot to forget it?'
    He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
    'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
    Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
    Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
    'Where's my toast ?'
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

No coffee to go with the bacon and eggs?

How uncivilized . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

(Another memory joke...)

Two elderly couples meet for coffee one day. As the women talk to each other, the two men (A and B) start catching up...

A: "So, how have you been?"
      B: "Pretty good, but my memory is starting to go on me... The doctor told me to take a class about helping build memory skills."
      A: "Really? Is it helping?"
      B: "Sure is... they teach you word association and stuff like that."
      A: "So, where can I sign up for this class?"
      B: "..."
      A: "..."
      B: "OK, I'm trying to think... What do you call it... It's a flower... Red... Thorns..."
      A: "A rose?"
      B: "YES! A rose, thank you!"

B turns to his wife and says "Rose, what's the name of that damn memory class again?"
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
      X