Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah people will order a chicken sandwich we have EIGHT different ones! Your chances of getting the right one are pretty slim.

Comment

Laughs, "You never know, after all, when I worked at Wallyworld in Happy Valley (part of Phoenix), the MickeyD's there charged more for a Big and Tasty Value meal than for the individual pieces ordered separately. Only 40¢ or so, but still...
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
        And for years, the owner, Dave Thomas did his own commercials.
        Ever hear how that started? After Clara (Where's the beef?) died, Dave and the ad guys were working on new ad ideas, and some junior nobody said why not have Dave just get up there and tell them how great Wendy's is. The rest is history... and I wonder just what that junior nobody is doing these days.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I've been to McD's before that had two different prices for the same cheeseburger, depending on whether you got it from the dollar menu or the regular menu. So I've just developed a habit to say "from the dollar menu" or "the dollar menu _____" when I order.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've had the opposite happen to me.

After church on a sunday we tend to go out for lunch to a nice country pub. One week we try a new one which has a lunchtime special. Several main meals are priced at about £4 each but only between certain times, considereing we normally have sandwiches we decided to have mail meals for £1 more(we would not have ordered the main meals if this offer was not on). It was between these times both when we ordered and when we asked for the bill. The bill charged us between £6 and £9 for each meal.

The immediate assumption is that theres a mistake and that they automaticly put the full prices without realising. When we queried the prices, the landlady came roaring out of the kitchen and started shouting about how we were trying to ruin her business, how we never said it was that offer we wanted, how if it was that offer she wouldn't have given us as much or such good portions (repeatedly stating that there was a lot of chilli given to my sister).

We ended up with our meals reduced by £1 and getting barred.

Since then we state clearly even when obvious which menu we're ordering off.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              I've been to McD's before that had two different prices for the same cheeseburger, depending on whether you got it from the dollar menu or the regular menu. So I've just developed a habit to say "from the dollar menu" or "the dollar menu _____" when I order.
              The menu you were looking at probably wasn't correct. On our menu board, if an item is on the dollar menu, it also says $1 on the regular menu.

Comment

Terry, you just have superior listening skills. I don't really eat at McD's, but anytime I go to the wendy's by my house, if I ask for their chicken nuggets and don't specify the ".99" part, they charge me for the 10-piece meal. Blame the countless other fast-food employees who epicly fail at their jobs.
                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  Terry, you just have superior listening skills. I don't really eat at McD's, but anytime I go to the wendy's by my house, if I ask for their chicken nuggets and don't specify the ".99" part, they charge me for the 10-piece meal. Blame the countless other fast-food employees who epicly fail at their jobs.
                  They charge you for the meal!? Almost every damn customer who comes into my Wendy's orders the 5 piece for .99 cents! If someone asks for nuggets I just hit 5 these days, it's not worth asking if they want the meal anymore. Sorry about that Nightwatch, sounds like you drew a short straw for Wendy's employees
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

karath: i don't mean to diss you. but the wendy's incorporation took a shit and thus are all the wendy's in my area. any wendy's i've been too elsewhere is fantastic... but not the ones around here.
                    they messed up my burger, i politely asked them to fix it... they refused unless i paid for a new burger
                    they gave me the wrong drink, i politely asked for the correct one, they said i would have to pay for a new one.
                    they forgot to give me my fries, i showed them the receipt and politely asked for them... they accused me of eating them already and said i'd have to pay...
                    *sigh*
                    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                      karath: i don't mean to diss you. but the wendy's incorporation took a shit and thus are all the wendy's in my area. any wendy's i've been too elsewhere is fantastic... but not the ones around here.
                      they messed up my burger, i politely asked them to fix it... they refused unless i paid for a new burger
                      they gave me the wrong drink, i politely asked for the correct one, they said i would have to pay for a new one.
                      they forgot to give me my fries, i showed them the receipt and politely asked for them... they accused me of eating them already and said i'd have to pay...
                      *sigh*
                      Laughs, "You don't happen to live in or around Phoenix do you? I'm boycotting Wendy's because of how bad the service is, my favorite being that when I decided to try their breakfasts, they were out of hash browns and coffee. Ummm, so what's left? And this on top of the fact that as the fifth person in line it took (yes I timed it) twenty minutes to get to the counter for an order, and not because the customers were slow, they were all ordering value meals, it was because like all other units out here, the cashier had to step away from the counter to do something in between every order that took a minute or two.
                      Seph
                      Taur10

Comment

dammit. you are making me crave Wendys....and the bus for work drops me off right in their lot!

mmmmmmm hot, salty fries!

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                          In the US it's a burger chain known for its square burgers & chocolatey shake thing that you eat with a spoon called a Frosty. And for years, the owner, Dave Thomas did his own commercials. They are a big sponsor of foster kid and adoption programs, partly because Dave & his wife adopted kids, including the Wendy for whom the chain is named.

*stickler alert*

Dave Thomas was a big supporter of adoption because he himself was adopted. I'm fairly certain most if not all his kids are his own.

Sorry, had to clarify. Pet peeve and all that.

Also, Wendy's hasn't had a commercial worth a damn since he died.
                          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                            *stickler alert*

Also, Wendy's hasn't had a commercial worth a damn since he died.
                            Amen to that!! What is up with that weirdo in the wig?

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                              Dave Thomas was a big supporter of adoption because he himself was adopted.
                              Beat me to it.

He seemed like such a nice guy.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Terry View Post
                                It's not exactly something I get upset about, but I just don't see what's the point. You don't need to say "I want a McChicken sandwich off the dollar menu". Just say "I want a McChicken". We know it's a dollar. It's as if they think that if they don't mention it being on the dollar menu, for some unknown reason, they will be charged more.
                                Blame McDonalds for this one: there used to be two McChickens, the one on the dollar menu being a special smaller version. So you had to specify the dollar menu one, or you'd get charged close to $3 for one less than twice as big.

Comment

Working...
                                X