Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers Suck is owned and operated by Rapscallion. The moderators give up their time to keep the board running smoothly. The site is run without revenue from adverts or subscriptions.

The site is free to all intents and purposes, and it's open to all to view, as long as you are willing to behave with respect for your fellow visitors. The main pages are where the stories are kept, but the real action is in the forum and chat room. We have standards we wish to maintain, and we will do just that. If you're willing to play nice, we'll keep the sandpit nice for you.

We're here so the oppressed can vent and celebrate. We're not here for people to debate or argue with each others. We have our purpose and will remain true to it. Some customers suck, and this is where we talk about them.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
      Customers Suck is owned and operated by Rapscallion. The moderators give up their time to keep the board running smoothly. The site is run without revenue from adverts or subscriptions.

The site is free to all intents and purposes, and it's open to all to view, as long as you are willing to behave with respect for your fellow visitors. The main pages are where the stories are kept, but the real action is in the forum and chat room. We have standards we wish to maintain, and we will do just that. If you're willing to play nice, we'll keep the sandpit nice for you.

We're here so the oppressed can vent and celebrate. We're not here for people to debate or argue with each others. We have our purpose and will remain true to it. Some customers suck, and this is where we talk about them.
      OK, fine and well...but huh?
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Thats what I said.... HUH?

Comment

...that's nice?
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Back on topic... I love prepay/pay at the pump. It rocks.

I wish it had been mandatory when I worked at the gas station.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

my favorite gas station (usually 5-15 cents cheaper than the other guys) have outisde turminals you can prepay in cash at, very useful.

again i think all stations need to switch to prepay only, you can do full-service, just make it prepay

Comment

We came up with a great solution to drive-offs today: a ninja death squad.

As the thieving s are driving away, ninja follow swinging from streetlamp to streetlamp. After a while a smoke bomb goes off and shruiken shred the tyres. The thieves try to run, but the last thing they see is a black-clad hand clutching a kitana.

edit: Other retail stores can have ninja (for ninja is plural of ninja) too. Shoplifter-apprehension-ninja! Debt collector ninja! (hmm, with debt collecting ninja there would be no bills. They'd just take the money on the due date and you wouldn't even know about it.)
                Last edited by edible_hat; 04-21-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

"Greetings, Mr. SC-san. We bring message from Acme Gas-n-go..."
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I wish I had a ninja. *pouts*
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      The now-locked thread in which someone who has no idea what they're talking about said that all you need to prevent drive offs is a security camera system reminded me of this:
                      Ohhhhh..sounds like fun. Where is it?

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        We came up with a great solution to drive-offs today: a ninja death squad.

As the thieving s are driving away, ninja follow swinging from streetlamp to streetlamp. After a while a smoke bomb goes off and shruiken shred the tyres. The thieves try to run, but the last thing they see is a black-clad hand clutching a kitana.

edit: Other retail stores can have ninja (for ninja is plural of ninja) too. Shoplifter-apprehension-ninja! Debt collector ninja! (hmm, with debt collecting ninja there would be no bills. They'd just take the money on the due date and you wouldn't even know about it.)

ummm - we tried that. Unfortunately, the Shao-lin Drive-off Master kicked their butts

We tried getting Chuck Norris - but I think his phone broke before he got to it....cos it was scared.
                        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                          We tried getting Chuck Norris - but I think his phone broke before he got to it....cos it was scared.
                          Sorry, Chuck Norris was last year. This year it's Bob Ross.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow, I can't believe there are actually still places that let you get your gas before you pay for it. I've been driving since '96 and I've never been able to get gas without paying for it first.

Comment

The majority of the gas stations around here are still pump then pay.....very few pre-pay, but larger cities I'm sure have prepay.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Somewhat OT, but I love prepay, except when I'm attempting to use the debit card that Ohio child support is loaded on to.

No matter HOW much is on the card, you can't use it at the pumps. After some research, I found out that it's the 1.00 initial debit that the gas pump authorizes is not acceptable to the state of Ohio.

As most people who use debit/credit cards know, at least here in Ohio, a charge of 1.00 is initially authorized to the card, then a day or two later the 1.00 comes off and the full amount of the transaction is debited.

Seems that when they first rolled out the debit card, they allowed the pay at the pump transactions, with the dollar auth charge. Unfortunately, people who only had say 10.00 left on their card got wise to this and would go and, (knowing that it would initially only charge the 1.00), proceed to fill up their tanks well beyond the amount that was actually left on their card. Then when the dollar was removed and the full amount was attempted, the card would decline, which obviously resulted in some issues.

For a bonus, some stations here in Cincinnati dont allow you to go in and PREPAY with the debit card, even if that particular debit card wont work at the pump. On occasion, I've attempted to explain that, while the 1.00 charge will not work at the pump, a 30.00 prepayment inside will. I've only had a handful of cashiers accept this and either turn on the pump for me, trusting that I'll come back and pay, or overriding the system, allowing me to prepay for a particular amount inside. Of course, I don't go all SC on the cashiers that follow the rules and don't allow it..it's not their fault.

Just another example where a few dishonest people had to ruin it for everyone else. Thank god I have the means to pay with other forms of payment. I do feel badly for people who only have that card as a means to get their gas. I sometimes wonder what they do.

Whew - I wrote a book -sorry for the rant, ya'll!
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X