Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread spinoff: Customers by the busloads!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Atlanta, it seems the kids never go to school more than three days a week, and one of those is The Ubiquitous Field Trip to the Mall for a Scavenger Hunt.
    Usually on a Wednesday or Thursday when the payroll budget isn't quite adequate enough. Three or four busloads of teenagers with Suburban Entitlement Issues.
    Asking questions like:
    "Do you have anything in here with blue hearts on it?"
    "Can you bring me something with Ariel on it, but it can't be 'The Little Mermaid?'"
    "I need a watermelon. Where are they?"
    "I have to steal something but it's totally fake, okay?"
    "Is anyone that works here named Rachel?"
    "I'm supposed to get a price sticker from your store?"
    And they want to take a picture of EVERYTHING as validation that they found it. Never supposing (or even trying to understand) for a second that taking a picture of an album/film cover is a potential violation of copyright laws. Not to mention it's just annoying...
    The Closest to Perfection a Person Ever Comes is When He Fills Out a Job Application Form

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
      WTFOMGBBQ!!!! And it wasn't just the kids switching seats! It was the parents too! I could totally deal with it if it were one or two tables, but when it's every single table I have? And switching around with people from tables that I wasn't serving? It was too much for me to handle. Thank god my manager was there, or my brain would have gone *insert picture of mushroom cloud here*
      They expect you to be able to remember their faces. Because they're special. I have a memory like a seive. I was born like that. I'm tired of catching flak for something I was born with. It's because when a customer comes back in a week and I don't remember him, he feels unspecial. He feels as though he's no more important than everyone else. And that makes him angry.

By the way, if you're the sort to be offended when I come to your table with your food and ask an innocent question like, "Who ordered the Greek salad?" simply because my inability to remember your face threatens your individuality, eff you. I have to deal with a hundred of you effers every day. You're not special.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

We're the first resturaunt in the city right off the highway (one of like, 4 highways in the state).

We've had up to 4 busses in a row. We ran out of breadsticks, ran out of trays, etc...
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
          By the way, if you're the sort to be offended when I come to your table with your food and ask an innocent question like, "Who ordered the Greek salad?" simply because my inability to remember your face threatens your individuality, eff you. I have to deal with a hundred of you effers every day. You're not special.
          I feel the same way at work rather often. It's great that you liked me and remember me when I get you again on the phone, but unless I talked to you earlier today, on something VERY memorable, or I speak to you multiple times a day for a week, I'm not likely to remember you. It isn't personal--I take at least 100 calls per day, most days.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Hrm, the walmart I worked at was right next to the interstate. But we never got busloads of people. We got the tourists who liked to come in. Shouldn't be rude with the locals and then ask for the name of a good resturant nearby. I may just point you to the one across town.

However, when I worked as a concessionst at the movie theater. We did get a busload of kids. That was a ton of popcorn trays we had to prepare.

Comment

Please tell me you ran with that story Blas.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X