This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doin' the No-Pants Dance

We have recently instituted a dress code at my school. There are several reasons for this (part of which is that since we are business-oriented, we're trying to impress the students with good habits), but one of the big ones was an incident from a few months ago.

I heard some whisperings about an inappropriately dressed student while wandering around. I don't usually pay attention to such things, but between my classes, I rounded the corner and...

<gulp>

There was a young woman standing at the front desk. She was wearing a shirt that came to juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust the bottom of the curve of her booty. She did not have on pants. She did not have on stockings, leggings, or anything else between the bottom hem of her shirt and the very tippy-tops of her shoes. Several feet of bare flesh.

Was she wearing underwear? I don't know. I figured that as an instructor, the last thing I needed was to be seen gawking at a mostly nude student. I can tell you, though, that underwear or not, she wouldn't be able to pick up anything she dropped, or sit at a desk without revealing the plot . She had a crowd of young men standing behind her hoping against hope that she'd drop her car keys, and she was evidently uncomfortable, because she was constantly tugging the hem of the shirt down.

I want to be really clear on this--the girl was wearing a shirt that would not have covered the bottom of a miniskirt, a pair of shoes, and nothing else. A prostitute would have been embarassed.

We sent her home to change.

Seriously. Who does that?
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

That's...wow. Even if there was no real dress code, that's still inappropriate. Who on earth would want to be flashing all their assets every time they moved? Particularly if she looked uncomfortable?

Maybe it was a dare or something?

Edit: Not really about that, but about half-naked students having to wander around. I live in the dorms at my school...it's actually a really big building that has just about everything in it. I live in a suite with 4 bedrooms. You can lock yourself out of the whole suite OR you can lock yourself out of your bedroom. I haven't done it yet, but one of my roomies has twice--once in her pj's.

And the two times that take the cake: a girl locked herself out of her bedroom when all she was wearing was her underwear. [I imagine that's how she was dressed for bed.] Not even a bra, just panties. And she had to walk down to the front desk and ask them to let her in her room.

And another girl took a shower and came out to find her door had closed...so she had to go down to the front desk in nothing but a towel. *shudder* Dear Gawd, that would SUCK!
    Last edited by Eisa; 09-03-2010, 11:28 PM. Reason: added stuff
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I used to. But then I was a KID and t-shirts even covered my shorts so it didn't matter what I wore, as no one noticed.

*Does the No-Pants Dance seeing as he's part pony and doesn't wear pants*

I'M NOT WEARING PANTS!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
        . She was wearing a shirt that came to juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust the bottom of the curve of her booty.

she wouldn't be able to pick up anything she dropped, or sit at a desk without revealing the plot .
        Those parts made me giggle maniacally... LOL. You have a way with words, sir. Why yes, I AM sleep deprived, thank you.

Who does that?
        I know the answer....but 'tis not appropriate for board speak.

Comment

It wasn't the first Friday in May was it? No Pants day
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

. I can tell you, though, that underwear or not, she wouldn't be able to pick up anything she dropped, or sit at a desk without revealing the plot .

Seriously. Who does that?
            Umm, well, I do recall that throughout high school (in the 60's, yep, I'm old) we all (girls) had to learn a peculiar little knee bend in order to get a drink of water - a straight bend over motion at the water fountain would have revealed more than we desired to. And yet, it took until my junior year for the school board to finally allow girls to wear slacks to school!

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

It's not very hard to pick stuff up or sit down without, as you put it "revealing the plot". Whether or not she was using her knees properly would be very telling for why she did it. There's a lot of young women who look at something in the mirror go "yay, I look really hot", and it isn't until they're out in public that they realise that "wait, the reason I look hot is that I'm showing way more skin than I want". Given that she looked embarrassed, I'm going to guess that she fit in that category.

Comment

i believe that lingual is female; anyhoo, for some reason, that type of insanity doesn't surprise me much, even though it should. maybe i've become desensitized to inappropriate dressing?
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sorry, my barista friend. The most female thing about me, other than my wife and daughters, is my love of Project Runway.
                  Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

ooo, my bad .
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I'm going to voice my optimism here, maybe its not as bad as it seems, maybe an accident had happened and the student in question was "making do" until she could get alternative clothing.

at least that would explain why she was so uncomfortable...

ok, maybe my hope in society may have broken the surface temporarily, i wonder how much longer till it sinks?
                      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

she was evidently uncomfortable, because she was constantly tugging the hem of the shirt down.
                        but not uncomfortable enough since she apparently thought it would be a good idea to dress like that in public in the first place.

O_o

as for accidents... that's why i make a point of wearing panty-liners or dark pants during that time of the month

and i'm not sure how taking pants off would be much of an improvement.
                        [gross](by that point your panties would be bloody too)[/gross]
                        Last edited by PepperElf; 09-06-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                          I'm going to voice my optimism here, maybe its not as bad as it seems, maybe an accident had happened and the student in question was "making do" until she could get alternative clothing.
                          that was my thought too, an accident and unwilling to miss classes.
                          It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

what kind of accident would make you go without pants?

i mean if you spilled food on them, i'm sure others won't crucify you for it.
                            and if it's an ... intimate... accident, most likely the panties would also be soiled too

unless it's a rip. tho personally for that i would (and have) gone to the bookstore on campus to pick up some sweatpants for a quick fix.

Comment

I leave the no pants thing for when I'm at home with SO.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X