This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus Signs - irony

As seen on my campus, on a sign kiosk...

I forget the exact wording but it's pretty much "Don't spit on campus."

I am not a spitter. Hawking one up and spitting it out is gross. Unless I'm running in a cross country race, which I haven't done since 1990.

Yet every time I see this sign I get the urge to spit.

So yeah a there's the irony. Their attempt to stop people from spitting (which I never realized was a giant issue in the first place) is directly responsible for making me want to spit. Not that I actually spit because it is rude... but there you go.

=)

I've seen a gob of spit inside the stairwells at our university - yes, inside the building.

Comment

I've seen a used condom in the hallway of a dorm. Upstairs, just a few doors down from my room.

Yeah...
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I thought used condoms were standard issue in all parking garage stairwells. You mean they are expanding that into college dorm hallways?

Nice.

Comment

unless they mean tobacco and/or sunflower seeds (brand name here is "spits") if either of these have been at issue.
          It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            I thought used condoms were standard issue in all parking garage stairwells. You mean they are expanding that into college dorm hallways?

Nice.
            I didn't have a car in college, so I'll take your word for it. :P
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              "Don't spit on campus."
              I guess they prefer swallowers.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                I guess they prefer swallowers.

that's just wrong.

when i was going to college, there were signs saying "no smoking area" and whatever. i have a great picture of a friend of mine leaning against the sign, lit cigarette in mouth. irony is so much fun.
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post

that's just wrong.
                  Thanks!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I was in grad school there were reminders in the student newspaper to look both ways before crossing the street.

Because every week somebody just walking along the sidewalk would cross the street without even stopping, right into traffic and get hit by a car.

The logic they used (and people complained about the whole "you should stop and look both way" warnings) was that pedestrians have the right of way, right? So drivers should have to stop, right? Regardless of whether there's a stop sign, or traffic signal, or crosswalk, or not. So they shouldn't have to pay any attention at all to what the drivers on the street are doing, since the have to stop for pedestrians! Right?

And I just think having that kind of child-like faith that the Big People will look out for you is cute and touching when you're three or so, but it's kind of appalling to hear from somebody in their mid-twenties.
                    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                    X