X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam Email

Dear SG15Z

Thanks for your recent application for a role at RockJones Management.

Before processing your submission further, you must finish an Online Assessment. This must be finished before seven [7] days to ensure your submission to get consideration for roles with RockJones Management.

To begin the application -

- Follow link [Link Removed for your safety]
    - Select "Start Screening" link

Please note - This Assessment page is only valid for one week. After this point the Assessment link will no longer appear. Your application with RockJones Management cannot be given consideration until the Online Assessment has been completed.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- You must finish the Online Application in one session - it will take about two minutes to finish.
    - Also know that we recently added an additional step to the assessment. Had you finished the Online Application lately you will still be needed to complete the new step before to be selected for the RockJones Management Recruitment procedure.

Best Regards,
    RockJones Management
    I did not apply to anything recently. Especially not RockJones Management. I did a Google search and couldn't find much info on them other than other people suspecting a scam.

Their command of English isn't so good, either. Definitely a scam.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

every now and then I still get stuff like this e-mailed to me even though I have not had any resumes out there for at least 7 years. I used to be on 2 or 3 major job hunting sites and 1 or 2 local ones. after I started at the gas station and the delikvery job and my marriage went south I deleted all of my postings.

none of the "positions" seem to even come close to matching what my qualifications used to be.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Where Angels fear to tread...

I usually lurk about without logging in, but this one got me going.

Since most of the planet runs Windows or Macs, two of the most insecure OSes ever developed, I thought I'd actually take a peek. Kinda fun, actually, when you run a Linux box (or five)...

First, let's take a look at WHOIS:
        Code:
        Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
        Visit: http://namecheap.com

Domain name: rockjonesmanagement.com

Registrant Contact:
           WhoisGuard
           WhoisGuard Protected ()

Administrative Contact:
           WhoisGuard
           WhoisGuard Protected

Technical Contact:
           WhoisGuard
           WhoisGuard Protected

Name Servers:
           ns1.rockjonesmanagement.com
           ns2.rockjonesmanagement.com

Creation date: 29 Oct 2011 05:11:00
        Expiration date: 28 Oct 2012 21:11:00
        Hmmm. Hiding their tracks behind a WHOIS blocking service? Smart. Okay, let's try the website:
        Code:
        Website is down for upgradation. It will be up soon.

Best
        RockJones Management Team
        Well, this is interesting. If the site is down, then... Okay, let's clicky that link and see what happens with the direct route:
        Code:
        Congratulations!  You have been pre-selected to view private and available positions from multiple employers.  To start the quick 2-minute process, click the button below...
        This just keeps getting better, huh? (For those wondering, I've determined that there are no hidden things on the pages, as our later clicks will bear out...)

Now, after punching in some (false) info, it asks you to click another link to "check your credit", which leads you to... FreeCreditScore{dot}com! Yes, they get a click-through credit for doing so, so they make money getting you to apply.

What's this? Below that link, we have another item...
        Code:
        After you have completed the credit check, please send an email to:  complete@rockjonesmanagement{dot}com
        Title Your Email:  "Application/Credit Check Complete" and simply include your name in the body of the email.
        So, they're harvesting email addresses, too! But, wait! There's more!
        Code:
        AFTER completing the above step, to see the currently available job opportunities or click here
        Clicking there pops you over to... Indeed{dot}com, which seems to be a legit job listing site. I'm guessing they're getting click-throughs on this, too.

So, there you have it. An unknown entity that spams you, has you enter an email or two for harvesting (for further spam), and links you to a less-than-credible (pun) website, and then to the final site that you can get to without anyone's help.

Scammers.

barcode

Comment

Oops! I forgot...

If anyone is interested in what mail they send, I used the mailinator{dot}com account of "rickjamesbitch". ANYONE can login and view what spam comes roaring in (after a day or two, they auto-delete. Please DON'T delete any mail, so others can access it.

You know, for research. Science 'n' stuff...

(Mailinator is NOT a trademark of Duffenschmirtz Evil, Inc.)

barcode

Comment

You mean that my job application is fake?

Damn. Maybe it's not a bad thing I "accidentally" deleted it in my spam folder.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
            X