Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never act on teachers. I need some quick help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never act on teachers. I need some quick help.

So, Yesterday was a practice test on Med. Terminolgy. I aced it, even spelling, and was first one done. So the first real exam is tomorrow, and I'm not really afraid of it, and likely won't really study. I might to learn how to spell the different planes. (Sagettral, Midsagetrral, Coronal, etc etc..)

But, man, my intro to pharmacay through me through a loop. He has been pretty laid back, and was mostly doing some minor peptalks, and introducing Sig-codes and how life really is in Pharamacy. Then he told us that we're having a quiz on the history of Pharmacy. (All the different fathers from Hipporcates, through Paul Ehrlich and times when stuff was made, like Pencillion, etc etc). it totally through me for a loop. I mean I read the chapters, and he even said it wasnt something you'll likely ever use. Now I got less then 24 hours to study. Any tips to quickly memorize this stuff? i'm doing flash cards so far. but, it doesn't seem to be sticking so fast.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I love flash cards. I would make one for each important looking person or event in the chapters, and for any bits the book highlights or has in bold. I find that making the flash cards helps, and I stick them in my purse and take them with me wherever I go (work, doctor's office, everywhere). Use them over and over and over again.

You might also want to try concept maps, though I'm not totally sure if it would work in this situation. Basically, you write down the different ideas you need to learn and then try to connect them together. I'm not very good at explaining--check out this example from wikipedia--http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Conceptmap.gif

It's sagittal, btw. I'm in the middle of a week long anatomy cram session right now. Good luck!
    Last edited by trailerparkmedic; 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

As you write your flashcards, sing it to a familiar tune or make sure you say it out loud several times. That always helped me cram. Even if I couldn't remember every detail, just the vocalization helps set some of the information.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Depends on your learning style also.

Try writing down the facts and singing them- or do the flash cards while walking around the house.

Say them out loud. Say them in funny voices.

Sometimes the brain simply needs more stimulus than just sitting and trying to remember.
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

I'm typing this in my Stragies for Succuss class. I've finished my rough draft.

Anyway, I only missed one question on my Med Exam. As for the History, despite me cramming and not understanding, I only missed like, two maybe 3 of them.

So yeah. Happy me. For once
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Awesome job! Next thing we know you'll be telling us about your annoying pharamacy customers.

Comment

Working...
            X