Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Any churchgoers here?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:09 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Default Any churchgoers here?

Unfortunately Britain has now gone into lockdown so all mass gatherings have been suspended for the time being-including church services.

As a result,our churches are trying to find different ways to expand out into the community and keep some sort of service going. One of the most obvious is online-we're being encouraging not just to meet up online,but to link up with other groups and churches.

The great benefit of online is that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you can join in,so we're also encouraging churches that are in countries where they are still up and running to join together with churches in lockdown countries.

If your church is interested in hooking up with ours-we're very well housetrained and don't need much looking after-then let me know

Old 03-18-2020, 03:25 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

We're not in lockdown yet, but our church has asked that we not come to the building as a precaution. They're working on getting a camera so they can broadcast services online.
"If someone feels the need to tell you how intelligent (or honest, etc) they are, it means that, somewhere deep down inside, they know that their words and actions would never give anyone the impression that they ARE intelligent." - me
Acts of Gord Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read" - me
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 03-18-2020, 04:20 AM
Bookkeeper

My church has cancelled all meetings worldwide. Certain organizational details are still being sorted out.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 03-18-2020, 05:07 AM
I need a life

Ours is small, about 40 adults, so no services nor get-togethers. Our sister churches are probably doing the same. In my state they don't want more than 10 people together. Anyway, someone is trying to help the rest of us set up something called Zoom.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
Unfortunately Britain has now gone into lockdown so all mass gatherings have been suspended for the time being-including church services.

As a result,our churches are trying to find different ways to expand out into the community and keep some sort of service going. One of the most obvious is online-we're being encouraging not just to meet up online,but to link up with other groups and churches.

The great benefit of online is that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you can join in,so we're also encouraging churches that are in countries where they are still up and running to join together with churches in lockdown countries.

If your church is interested in hooking up with ours-we're very well housetrained and don't need much looking after-then let me know
I'm not a church-goer but what a lovely idea! I hope a lot of folks take your church up on this offer.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Other side of the m0dem

There are some churches in the US that are still allowing LARGE gatherings, so stupid if you ask me. I'm sorry but going to church is NOT worth getting sick or passing the virus on to god knows how many other people. Be responsible people!

Old 03-28-2020, 12:10 AM
doing other people's jobs....

Our is using youtube for services and zoom for small groups

Old 03-28-2020, 12:51 AM
Killer Queen

Ours is doing a Facebook Live Mass

We're dirty Papists though, so not sure if you want to mix with the likes of us.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:37 AM
Bagger

Also remember, you don't have to go to church to worship...the church isn't the building anyhow

Old 03-28-2020, 08:34 PM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
There are some churches in the US that are still allowing LARGE gatherings, so stupid if you ask me. I'm sorry but going to church is NOT worth getting sick or passing the virus on to god knows how many other people. Be responsible people!
I guess they didn't read the many scriptures about not being foolhardy.