Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Labor Day work rant. with swearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Labor Day work rant. with swearing.

Ok. A beer and a shot after a 6 hour shift turned 12 hour shift. Cranky.

1.a) wtf? It's LABOR DAY. schedule enough ppl to work pls.

1.b) When you call out on a Holiday do you seriously think you are the only one? NO it's 10 to 15 more ppl calling out too. Don't want to work on Holidays? Don't f'n work retail. You suck.

2. OMG you have the day off! FANTASTIC! Don't do your returns on a Holiday unless you actually enjoy standing in line just so you can bitch about it.

3. Your card has been declined. I don't why. It DOESN'T TELL ME! and I really don't give a crap why. Call your damn bank and figure it out.

4. Seriously. You stood in the long ass returns line for 15 minutes to ask me to call a cab for you. What cab company do you want me to call? You don't know? Here's a phone book. Pick one out. No? Too much trouble? What? You have a phone and can call one yourself? and now you think my customer service sucks? bite me.

5. Ok, let me get this straight. You stood in front of the product you wanted in the store, placed the internet order on your phone. Made me run my ass off to fufill that order, and when it was ready 5 minutes later you want to cancel it because you knew the store was goddamn busy and were hoping that we wouldn't fill it in the time our website claims we will and all you really wanted was to get the $20.00 "we're sorry" gift card? Fuck You. and the shetland pony you rode in on. asshole.

There's more. But really. It's just the same ol' same ol' I think I shall go and fetch me a hot chocolate and turn on comedy central. Night all!

I feel your pain. Let me share what I just posted on my Facebook page tonight...

My own personal rant, after too many years spent working MANDATORY shifts on Labor Day...

"There is something just seriously very wrong in this country... we seem to have lost sight of what Labor Day was supposed to be about! It was SUPPOSED TO BE a DAY OFF FROM WORK FOR THE WORKING STIFFS IN THIS COUNTRY!

Instead, Management's never-ending greedy tendencies have transformed it into a day when those of us that are employed in the Service Sector (i.e. Retail & Customer Service) not only have to work, we have to bust our asses working much harder than usual dealing with a never-ending horde of the worst kind of scum we see in our line of work... the vultures and entitlement whores that flood into stores only when they're told "CHEAP! LOWEST PRICES OF THE YEAR! $AVE $AVE $AVE!!!" >_<

I'm so over it. If I EVER own my own retail store, we will be CLOSED on Labor Day. 'Cuz fuck this shit!

And if I ever become President, boy, things are gonna change. Labor Day will be transformed by Presidential Decree into the 4th Major Holiday, after Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It will become a day when it is the NORM for ALL businesses to be CLOSED for the day so their employees can enjoy a well-deserved day off! Hell, it might even become ILLEGAL for retail stores to be open on Labor Day!

*sigh* It's nice to dream..."

Needless to say, for the umpteenth year in a row, I had to suffer through another Labor Day of being overworked, overstressed, and under-appreciated, instead of having the day OFF to go do something cool, like attending Dragon*Con in Hotlanta!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

dude. Dragon con.

*sips hot chocolate* . . . *cries a little*

Comment

Quoth Not Lillith View Post
        dude. Dragon con.

*sips hot chocolate* . . . *cries a little*
        I know.

*pours some Godiva Chocolate Liqueur into the Hot Chocolate for you*

"Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

*sniff* thank you.

Comment

you know...there really should be a Retail Workers Con.

That takes place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

And somehow combines all the cool weekend things we miss.

Classic car show/ sci-fi/ fantasy/ gaming/ arts & crafts/ live music/ wrestling/ whatever . . .
            Last edited by Not Lillith; 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM. Reason: random missing s

Comment

5. Ok, let me get this straight. You stood in front of the product you wanted in the store, placed the internet order on your phone. Made me run my ass off to fufill that order, and when it was ready 5 minutes later you want to cancel it because you knew the store was goddamn busy and were hoping that we wouldn't fill it in the time our website claims we will and all you really wanted was to get the $20.00 "we're sorry" gift card? Fuck You. and the shetland pony you rode in on. asshole.

:
              had almost the same thing happen my last delivery tonight. we get an order via the internet/iphone. I kinda know the address. arrive at said address. knock --- wait ---- knock again ---- wait------- NOTHING

get on my cell phone and call. goes to voice mail. leave message. ---- wait a few minutes. call again. leave 2d message. wait some more. call the store and have the MOD try and call. NOPE no luck

WELL that means I get free lunch for tomorrow. . Thanks.

and no they never did call back.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

And of course, the icing on the Retail Cake of Suckitude:

(Cue CBF) "I can't belieeeeeeve you're working on Laaaaaaabor Day!"

With the attitude (occasionally) directed at management/owners, but more often directly at us.

Seriously? You think we employees had a meeting and decided unilaterally to open a shop to what? Defy some great tradition of not working? Guess why we're really here? CAUSE YOU'RE STANDING THERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTER ASSHAT!

arg.

Comment

That's crazy horrible! Is it normal for more stores to be open labor day than not?

Here, it's rare to see one open. Even most grocery stores close. I'd be so scared to go in one since there's just way too many people to with nothing better to do.

Asshole guy sucks.

Comment

you know...there really should be a Retail Workers Con.

That takes place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

And somehow combines all the cool weekend things we miss.

Classic car show/ sci-fi/ fantasy/ gaming/ arts & crafts/ live music/ wrestling/ whatever . . .
                    I like this idea! Add some excellent food and a bar, as well.

Members of the general public not invited. You have to show proof that you work in retail (last check stub, namebadge, etc.) to be allowed in. Anyone who utters The Dreaded Phrase as if they believe it is immediately ushered out and banned...
                    Last edited by XCashier; 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had someone bitch that no trains were running on Xmas Day last year. It's the only day of the year when no trains run across the whole UK. The kicker? He didn't want to go anywhere, he just didn't see why we should have the day off...
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        I had someone bitch that no trains were running on Xmas Day last year. It's the only day of the year when no trains run across the whole UK. The kicker? He didn't want to go anywhere, he just didn't see why we should have the day off...
                        And yet if his job were to deny him his holidays, watch him raise hell! What a hypocrite.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sigh. I does seem that in this country especially (US), a "holiday" is just corporate slang for "biggest sale of the year so far".

The whole concept of Memorial Day or Labor Day sales makes me sad. I'm ever so glad they decided NOT to make 9-11 a national day of remembrance, we all know that government & offices would close, but stores would turn it into another sale. (Cringe).

Ok, I'll go to my corner now, I think I may be dipping my toes into the fratching pool on that one, so please don't take it up & run with it.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                            Yeah, this guy.....Train tracks. Rope. 4:20 out of Podunk.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, any excuse to have a sale. A place I used to work at would do a MLK Day sale...

Comment

Working...
                              X