This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun control

A long, long time ago, when I was a kid, I went to this internet lan party place. It was the type of place where there were rows and rows of computers and kids could come in and play things like counterstrike and what not.

Anyway, my time was running down and I was waiting for a ride home. In the process I overhear this story from one of the owner's friends.

The story involved the friend's friend, who worked at a gunshop.

GS: Gun shop owner.
    CD: Crazy dude
    CDF: Crazy dude's sane friend.

CD and CDF walk into the gun shop and right away GS can tell that CD is pissed about something.

CDF: Dude, don't do it. She's not worth it.
    CD: I DON'T CARE!

CD walks up to the counter and slams his hands on it.

CD: GIVE ME A GUN!
    GS: Bewildered at this point, Uh, what kind do you want?
    CD: I DON'T CARE. WHATEVER WILL MAKE THE BIGGEST MESS!

Unfortunatly this is all I remember of this tale. Needless to say, I don't think the man left with a firearm.

Story 2.

This guy comes in and requests to see the pistols. GS owner gives him an unloaded pistol to try out. As the guy his holding it in his hands and aiming it he says:

Yeah, this'll drop one of those federal bastards.

GS takes the gun away and locks it up. Then the crazy man has the nerve to call the cops on GS for not selling him the firearm.

Sometimes I think the Bill of Rights are more trouble than they're worth.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Looks like the bill of rights working perfectly fine to me Unless the government own the gun shop, the government didn't stop it. The smart gun-shop owner did. As any business owner would be, afraid of lawsuits and bad publicity if they did sell a gun to those idiots.

I DON'T CARE. WHATEVER WILL MAKE THE BIGGEST MESS!
    Why would anyone use a gun to make a mess. Much easier to use other explosive devices..... Idiots.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Biggest mess? That's what an axe is for. J/k
      Guns just don't have that same battle cry quality of a good blade.
      /end geekness sword collector mode.
      Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Hmm...I don't see this going to well....

I'll just say who walks into a gun shop and says those things?
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

It was actually a thread on a gun forum about sucky gun shop customers that led me here. They get the whole gambit of SC's too.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
            Biggest mess? That's what an axe is for. J/k
            Guns just don't have that same battle cry quality of a good blade.
            /end geekness sword collector mode.

A blunt axe you mean....

Comment

Amateurs.

Everybody knows the makes the biggest mess of all.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm a big supporter of Gun Control: Me, in control of my guns.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                  It was actually a thread on a gun forum about sucky gun shop customers that led me here. They get the whole gambit of SC's too.
                  Link to thread?

Comment

Quoth Arucard View Post
                    Link to thread?
                    Seconded!
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

And I will say again, thank whatever deities exist that I live in Canada!
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

We've had a couple of reports from members with concerns about this thread's potential to go "fratching".

So far, things have stayed fairly even, but just a reminder to stay on topic and away from problematic discussions that are best left to fratching.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          We've had a couple of reports from members with concerns about this thread's potential to go "fratching".

So far, things have stayed fairly even, but just a reminder to stay on topic and away from problematic discussions that are best left to fratching.
                          Yup, I had to google that one.

fratch•ing

Pronunciation: (frach'ing), [key]
                          —n. Brit. Dial.
                          a quarrel; disagreement; argument.

Bravo to the gun store owners. As a vendor of anything dangerous, be it cars, knives, tupperware, well almost anything, you can refuse to serve the customer especially if they intend or pretend to want to do harm with your product.

The friend has a large burden, if the person is angry or going to be irisponsible with the "object", then it is up to the friend to first dissawid the friend from even entering the store. You don't put flame around gasoline, you don't spit into the wind.

My story-

As one of the many sucky jobs I have had, I worked at a military surplus store. We had someone come in and trade a 9mm pistol, holster, and ammo to the store owner for credit to purchase some items such as clothing and boots.

Once the transaction was finished the owner turned to me and another employee and said "So boys... $300 bux, who wants it?". $300 dollars for a 9mm pistol with no record of trade or proof of ownership. I watch my co-worker count his money and I knew he wanted to buy it.

A small asside on my co worker: I have known him for a long while. He is disaster prone. Out of 5 choices, he will choose the one that will blow up in his face. Over all he is a good guy, he is going to be one of my groomsmen at my wedding type good guy. One of my friends described him perfectly, "He means well". At this point about, 5 years ago, he lacked a bit of maturity and wisdom.

I see the gears in his head turning, and hear him counting his money. Then I see the headlines, and hear the call for me to post the bail for him doing something stupid involving an unregistered, concealed, loaded firearm. Heck, getting stopped for a busted tail light with this pistol in his possession would cause mountains of trouble.

All this takes a split second to realise. I pull out my checkbook and buy the firearm on the spot. He complains LOUDLY and tries to buy it from me. I refuse, suggesting that I am going to resell it for profit. (Neglecting to tell him the truth) Then take it home and shove it in my gunsafe. Then register it with the sherriff's office later that week.

Years later, he still does not own a pistol, and my friends and I are trying to keep it that way. Recently, he had the money together to purchase one, but a good friend of mine convinced him what he reallllly needed and wanted was a very expensive turkey hunting/ skeet shotgun. He keeps it home under lock and key (because of my example of how I treat all my firearms), and just in case someone wanted to steal said expensive shotgun.

The moral of the story is, "Friends watch out for your friends, and keep them safe from themselves".
                          "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
                            Yup, I had to google that one.

fratch•ing

Pronunciation: (frach'ing), [key]
                            —n. Brit. Dial.
                            a quarrel; disagreement; argument.
                            You hadn't previously heard of our other site that was set up for discussing contentious issues rather than have debates on CS?
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Makes you wonder why someone would walk into a gun shop and say such crazy things. They have to know that a background criminal check will be run. Of course there are a lot of crazies out there who don't have a criminal record (yet)

One would think if you wanted to buy an untraceable gun, you would buy it from a private seller or a gun show. Hand over the cash-no info obtained from the buyer.

Comment

Working...
                              X