Go Back   Customers Suck! > Orientation > Returning members

Closed Thread

Well this place is just as I remembered it.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 AM
Goddess of Phoneslappery

Talking Well this place is just as I remembered it.

Lovely to be back!

I don't know if anybody remembers me at all, but I used to hang out here, like 10 years ago. I was probably invisible most of the time.

Oh, who am I kidding? I know my stories were somewhat popular, mostly because I had an INSANE freaking job which I dealt with by drinking irresponsible amounts of tequila and ranting on these forums.

I still trot out the infamous racist parrot story at parties, and it still gets laughs.

I am now self-employed, working as a copywriter and content marketer. I do have obnoxious customers on occasion, but they are more the "Clients From Hell" type rather than the hilariously low-class and insane type I used to deal with.

The writing practice I got on these forums did inspire me to 1) Go back to school and get a degree in Creative Writing and English, and 2) start studying comedy writing. I plan on moving to Los Angeles in a year, possibly two, to try and find work as a comedy writer.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, because I have fond memories of this place.

HI!!!!!

Old 01-25-2018, 04:18 AM
Stupidity should be a crime!

Hiii! I just came back today too.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

It's always nice to meet other creative types.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Insert clever title here

back!
Quote:
Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
I still trot out the infamous racist parrot story at parties, and it still gets laughs.
I tried looking that one up, and couldn't find it. Perhaps you could repost it (pretty please!). We have several new members whom I'm sure would love to see it.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:49 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Welcome back, both of ye! ^__^ Always good to hear of good professional news and good stories!

Please feel free to PM me or another mod if you have any questions. Just to catch you up:

- We're under new ownership as of a year or so ago. Raps is still around somewhere, though.

- We're on new servers, which should help with the sheer volume of posts in our backlog; as a result of this, the Search system has had its restraints removed, and you can pretty much look back as far as you like to dig up yer old stories, with no more 100-result limit!

- Please take a gander at the site rules subforum when you can; the stickies and most recently-updated threads on there should give you a good idea of what to look out for The rules haven't changed all that much over the years, and still basically boil down to "Don't' be a jerk."

"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis
"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 01-25-2018, 05:13 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth XCashier View Post
back!

I tried looking that one up, and couldn't find it. Perhaps you could repost it (pretty please!). We have several new members whom I'm sure would love to see it.
Here it is

Old 01-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Mikkel View Post
Here it is
Thanks! And holy moly, that was one crazy call! Just...wow. Be glad you were on the other end of the phone line and not there in the room with them!

Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

So we have ThePhoneGoddess and telecom_goddess... can the two entities exist in the same space-time continuum?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:56 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

It's OK, Kit. DGoddessChardonnay is a higher class of entity (known as a Modificus), so she keeps things under control

"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis
"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth Mikkel View Post
Here it is
Wow!! Just WOW!!

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Closed Thread