This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing....mind....

(The politics I mention are not the debate, aside from the sheer volume of them I'm buried under. This is NOT the place to argue about Barack or McCain. That is here. I am defiled enough already.)

Why didn't I quit before the election? Why do I love working at the newspaper so much that I didn't call in sick today and just stay home and play video games? (Aside from needing the money GODDAMN needing the money.)

First of all, one of our precincts is turning people away for wearing shirts with American flags or military slogans on them for being "too patriotic". The reporters almost fought to the death over who got to cover that one. And some guy in the same place got arrested for wearing a McCain shirt to vote. I'm sure there had to be more to it than that, but I don't know what, I didn't have time to hear. I'm sure the nationals will be descending on it like vultures if they can't find anything better.

If one more person rails at me because I'm a racist for not voting for Obama (even though I didn't tell them I didn't vote for Obama, I make it a point not to reveal my political leanings to customers...they just sort of ran with that assumption), I'm going to throw my phone at them.

The next one who wants to talk to me for ten minutes about how Obama is going to run the country into the ground will get my monitor over the skull.

Actually, I'll be honest...I'm not going to touch them. I'm so freaking brain-tired right now from the phone literally ringing every 30 seconds with another person demanding to know where they're supposed to vote (even though we had that information in the paper for the last four days and it's on our website NONSTOP). I don't even have the energy to go get myself a piece of the Americana cake. (Yes I do, and I will in a minute.)

Then toss in the calls about people's signs being vandalized, getting run over, pamphlets getting tossed on all the cars at Wal-Mart, at least one fistfight that I know of...

And STARBUCKS. YOU HATEFUL PILE. If one more of your cranky crotchedy old popcorn farts of a customer calls me whining about that godforsaken deal you made about the free cup of coffee because you didn't bow down and lick their ass and they declared their intention to go to the media and then DID SO...actually, I forgot where this threat was going. It took me five minutes to get this far. The phone rang three times since I started it. ...four.

And you goddamn cultists, I don't care who the Antichrist is anymore! Let him come! I can take him! It couldn't possibly be any worse than talking to you!

At five o'clock, I'm going to clock out, I'm going downstairs, I'm getting in the car, going home, and I AM GOING TO BED. And I'm not getting out of it until noon tomorrow when I'm absolutely sure this nonsense is DONE. I'm going to put on my Luchagors music, get my stuffed wolf Shikiru, and BURROWING.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Off Topic: Already scored my free donut from Krispy Kreme. Woo hoo! Sugar and grease are the best!

Still haven't gone to Starbucks.

Back On Topic: Sorry, Mysty. I'm in the "I am not the least bit interested in your political opinion" camp. I made up my mind months ago about the big stuff, and I've finished working my way through the propositions. The decisions are made well before I vote.
    Last edited by wagegoth; 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm sorry Mysty. That sounds perfectly horrid. *offers gummy bears and a place to hide*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        ack On Topic: Sorry, Mysty. I'm in the "I am not the least bit interested in your political opinion" camp. I made up my mind months ago about the big stuff, and I've finished working my way through the propositions. The decisions are made well before I vote.
        I was pleasantly surprised by being able to waffle until just a few weeks before the election for once! Woo! There's hope for the country after all!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better Mysty appart from being one of my in forum heroines, you're my new user-provided quote now (look bellow this)
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

YAY SAXON WINS! ALL HAIL THE MASTER!!

*readjusts her sonic screwdriver* Err excuse me.

I actually got "yelled" at by my bosses boss. He said, and I quote "you aren't one of those god damned jalapeno lovers are you?"
            I said "Well, some times I am, some times I'm not."
            "Good because I can't stand the fact that your boss is going to vote for the Jalapeno when we should be voting for Habaneros!"
            "Wow that's interesting, how's the E-board doing?"

And everyone wonders why I say I'm still debating between Saxon and Cthulhu?? Screw voting for the lesser of the evils, I'm going for the ultimate!!!!! I highly recommend adopting your own.
            Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I'm with you. I don't have to deal with customers, but I'm sick of seeing all the damn political ads. And that means the ones from both sides.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

This morning, I had one of my friends emphatically declare that she was going to vote for Neil Gaiman if someone bugged her about who she was voting for JUST ONE MORE TIME.

I was glad I was not eating/drinking at the time.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                X