• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky buggers, a tantrum and an empty bucket

Cheeky buggers

Customer: "Those guys in the car wash, how much do they charge?"
    me: "Um... what?"

Turned out there were two guys in the do-it-yourself car wash bays charging people extra to do the actual work. They buggered off as soon as they saw somebody in uniform.

a tantrum

Me: "That's $10.05."
    SC: (places two $5 notes on the counter) "Ten dollars... and HERE'S YOUR F***ING FIVE CENTS!" (throws 5 cent coin, stomps out)
    co-worker who spends too much time online: "Doubleyou tee eff?"

an empty bucket

SNC* pulled up at the pump, got out, looked confused, walked into the store.

SNC: (attempting sarcasm) "Do you want some feedback on your water buckets?"
    Me: (thinks) "I don't need this, I haven't even had my coffee yet"
    SNC: "They're empty! And there are no squeegees! Come and wash my windows for me."
    Me: "I'm the only wor..."
    SNC: "Customer service is more than just standing there taking money!" (stomps out)

So I swore in Auslan as she left.

As I would have explained if allowed too: I was the only worker there and therefore not allowed to leave the register. The night shift guy was supposed to refill the buckets before he left, something he often "forgets" to do. There were no squeegees because people keep stealing them.

*SNC = Sucky Non-Customer. Because she never actually gave me money in exchange for goods or services.

Wow, way to overreact about 5 cents, maybe they were pissed because they stopped the pump at $10.03 instead of $10.02?
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

You could've responded, "Well, if you'd like my two cents..."

And the cheeky buggers? As terrible as it is, their idea was still awesome.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        And the cheeky buggers? As terrible as it is, their idea was still awesome.
        They probably would have been fine if they'd asked my boss first.

Comment

I suppose people are too lazy to was their own cars now that they have to do it by hand and not being able to use a hose in their driveway, I laugh at those people and their water restrictions as I hose my car down.

I just wish people would stop assuming I'm breaking water restrictions.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Nyoibo: can you explain further?

And yeah, it is a good idea if you're willing to pay for it. I'm tryign to find a 'pay with token' place to was my bicycle at.
            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

South Australia has been on water restrictions for a while now, we've been in a drought for several years, one of the new laws regarding water restrictions is that you can only wash your car with a bucket of water, not use a hose, this is if you're on mains water, I live on a property and we have a bore and de-salinator, hence I can use a hose for things that you can't if you're on mains water, but people keep assuming I'm on mains water and breaking water restrictions.

Comment

Today another cheeky sod parked a car in the car park with "for sale" signs on it. My boss wasn't happy, so he called the number on the sign and said if the car was still there by the end of the day he'd consider it abandoned and have it taken away.

4 minutes later (we timed it), this guy ran to the car, took the signs down, unlocked it and drove away.

Comment

Working...
                X