X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn you Intermurals

...why must you bring out the stupids?

Starting yesterday(?) the Field House has been inundated* with teams for both the indoor soccer league and volleyball. That let's me get to tell dozens of people the same rules they heard last year and at the Rec Center and from the Intermural officials.

Yes, You need your uni ID.
    No, your Community College ID won't work.
    Because, the facility is for Uni students only and there is a liability issue.
    No, your friends from out of town can't watch without a pass.
    Yes, it does suck.
    No, I won't change, ignore , overlook, etc. the rules for you.
    Because, I want to keep my job.
    Yes, I see you trying to sneak in and now you definitely won't get in.
    No, sighing won't change our minds.
    Yes, you may have gotten in last year, but that was last year when I considered being nice. Now I don't care.

Bonus:
    Last week, a guy tried to use his friends ID to get in because he "lost" his. The guy was white, the picture on the ID was indian. I personally felt insulted that he believed me to be so dumb as to not have noticed that much of a difference. But I did feel better after I told him that the ID was now mine until the next day, and his friend would have to pay a twenty dollar fine.

Ooh, the joys of identity fraud.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Ah, bless you...I work out at my uni's rec center and have seen the desk workers dealing with Stupid on more occasions than I can count. It's truly incredible what people who have the privilege of using state-of-the-art facilities for FREE can find to bitch about.

Comment

Working...
    X