Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WArning.....there is a fairly steamy scene in the book.....I don't even smoke and I needed a cig after it....

**spoiler**Shame it was only a dream....that reaction between him and murphy was a LOOOOONG time coming**spoiler**
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

All in all, a decent read. A few 'oh no he/she didn't!' moments, a few 'saw that coming', a couple of 'didn't see that coming', and one really good 'about damn bloody time!'
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

BTW, I'm wondering what you thought was a retcon too...you should PM me I reread the books a lot, and I didn't pick up on one hehe
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I wanna ask too since it's been a few months since I read the last book and it was on audiobook, which usually means I miss little things, but I'm worried I might not have gotten that far yet. I'm at around chapter 18 I think.

Comment

Wow! That was a ride.

Yes, I read it one day. Yay for getting it on my day off!

What was supposed to be the retcon though? I didn't see it, unless we're counting climax moments.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              The first (and second, and third) word of spoken dialogue from Harry made me burst out laughing, mainly because I yell it over voicechat when I'm trolling friends during a game of any shooter I play on PC
              THIS! My friend and I keep doing it too, although unfortunately he actually tried leaping over something yesterday. He has the grace of a drunk giraffe and hit his head on the lamp...
              I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

What I *thought* was a RetCon, but have sense been confirmed it isn't was that I was under the impression that Marcone, not the Denarians, hired the churchmice to steal the shroud, hence why they were trying to steal it from them.
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Oooh! Yeah. For some reason I was thinking the retcon was Harry's duster. It's been destroyed and stolen and replaced so many times I was thinking he didn't have one at the end of the last novel and then suddenly it was there in this one. I just wasn't paying as close attention as I could have to the audiobook.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                    Oooh! Yeah. For some reason I was thinking the retcon was Harry's duster. It's been destroyed and stolen and replaced so many times I was thinking he didn't have one at the end of the last novel and then suddenly it was there in this one. I just wasn't paying as close attention as I could have to the audiobook.
                    Molly gave him a new duster during "Cold Days." Harry must have spent some time on Demonreach weaving in new enchantments, etc. for it.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Molly gave him a new duster during "Cold Days." Harry must have spent some time on Demonreach weaving in new enchantments, etc. for it.
                      Probably, as well as crafting a staff. (77 times. !! )
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        Probably, as well as crafting a staff. (77 times. !! )
                        I just thought that staff was the one that Ebenezer gave him during "Changes."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I finished this book in under 36 hours. For me, this is a personal record.

After waiting all year, I was definitely not disappointed. It made me laugh, cry, and have several 'what the what? ' moments. Also, can I just say that I love Butters even more now than I already did? Because, seriously, I love his transition from 'loveable nerd' to 'badass loveable nerd' over the course of the series.
                          Last edited by firecat88; 06-02-2014, 06:58 PM.
                          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I just thought that staff was the one that Ebenezer gave him during "Changes."
                            It's the same staff but he obviously went to lengths to prep it!
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              It's the same staff but he obviously went to lengths to prep it!
                              I haven't read that far in the book yet! I'm sure I'll find out.

Comment

I haven't read that far in the book yet! I'm sure I'll find out.
                                It's a small detail, but I shan't say more.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X