X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this actually work?

I have a Life Hacks 2016 desk calendar. Today's tip from it:

"Hungry and want a ride home? Go to the local pizza shop, order a pizza to your house, and get a ride home with the driver."

Mind you, I would never do this. Little Caesar's is cheaper.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Depends on the stores insurance policies. We would have done it at the stores I managed for a good tip.

Comment

Home 30 mins or less!
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I did not allow riders in my vehicles when I was a pizza driver, so no, this 'life hack' wouldn't have worked with me.

The paranoid part of me says 'Danger, Will Robinson!'. First of all, it's glorified hitch hiking - and one only needs to think of all the reasons you're not supposed to pick up hitch hikers to understand what a bad, bad idea this is. What if your rider is planning a robbery? A carjacking? What if you're being led into an ambush? What if that individual is FLEEING a crime scene? You're also left wide-open to threats to accuse you of a crime unless you hand over all your money and valuables - a variation on an old hitch-hiking trap.

Secondly, depending on the insurance and company policy, you might be forbidden to carry passengers anyway. Suppose the rider gets injured? Will YOUR insurance cover it? Probably not.

And in my case, there was a very practical third reason - my delivery vehicle was a small pickup truck. There wasn't room for a passenger AND the hot box/hot bag.

Comment

I've seen that thrown out there a couple of times. I've never been a delivery driver, but there is no way in hell that I would drive someone home. I would be scared of being assaulted or robbed. Or sued, if I were in an accident and the passenger was injured.

Comment

When I delivered pizzas, we were not allowed to have passengers in our vehicle. As April pointed out, great way to get robbed or sued.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

NO NO NO . This "advice" has enough fails to make it hurt.

1. MOST companies have a no passenger policy (except for training purposes). Would you as a delivery driver really allow a stranger in your car???? I am thinking after 1 second ---robbery setup.
              2. This could be considered a livery service which is (until recently think Uber) A HIGH regulated business needing licensing, bonding, special insurance, special drivers license, etc.
              3. Insurance --- See #2 especially if an accident occurs (no matter who was at fault)
              4. and as we all know a one time exception will turn into an all-the-time thing.

Again NO NO NO. BAD ADVICE
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yeah, I figured that was full of it from the get-go.

But, it must've worked at least once for somebody to think it was a tip worth passing on.

Comment

It's a good way for the pizza delivery guy to get murdered.

Comment

It worked for me several times when I needed a ride to my sweeties job so I could ride home with him. It probably because I worked in the same strip mall as the pizza delivery drivers and often had smoke breaks with them. They knew me and knew where I worked AND they were taking me to a business. Plus, they knew that I tipped well when I ordered pizza for lunch.

I honestly doubt that they would have done it for anyone that they didn't know.

Comment

I noticed in my insurance renewal package from the lizard, a large font notice that I would not be covered if transporting a passenger for pay.
                      IOW, I agree that the writer of that hack is full of it.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Starting to somewhat regret the purchase of this calendar. I thought I'd be getting helpful household tips, not the "how to be a douchebag" playbook. Today's tip:

If you find hair in your food and send it back to the kitchen, heavily salt it to make sure you got a new order.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Starting to somewhat regret the purchase of this calendar. I thought I'd be getting helpful household tips, not the "how to be a douchebag" playbook. Today's tip:

If you find hair in your food and send it back to the kitchen, heavily salt it to make sure you got a new order.
                          Eh. I was hoping that the tips in the calender were better than the ones I've read online. They were like "how to save money at Green Mermaid" which I thought sounded promising. I mean, I know there are certain cheaper drinks which are basically the same as more expensive drinks, and I thought the tips would be like "this drink is $1 cheaper and the only difference is the whipped cream!" But they were basically just ways to annoy baristas, and advice to heavily misuse the free milk/cream/sugar.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Or sensible life hacks like 'if you're buying a TV,wait until the start of February to get a SuperBowl returner' or 'when travelling by rail,buying a ticket from A to B and then a cheapie from B to C is much cheaper than going from A to C'.
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Well, you could look at it as a "How not to be a complete douche" guide, by NOT doing whatever skeezy thing is suggested for that day. This way at least you still get some practical use out of it beyond simply a calendar. And hey, at least a few of the oh so helpful 'suggestions' are bound to be amusing enough to share!
                              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X