This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hard is it to find a plumber?

So yesterday, the laundry room floor drain and the downstairs bathroom and toilet begin backing up and over flowing all over the floor. I've been here before. This means that the roots in the mainline have taken over again, and I need to get a plumber out to snake the mainline with their sharp pointy tools and cut up the roots. I cannot remember who I called last year, so I break out google.

The first website I see says they are number one in my town (Colorado Springs) and have a local number. They also have a deal where they charge 95 dollars for a mainline cleaning, and have a 50 dollar off coupon. Amazing. So I call them. I get put on hold for a while, and she comes back and tells me they don't service Colorado Springs, only Denver. Every single bit of info I see for them says Colorado Springs and Denver. Ok. On to the next

The next place wanted a huge amount of money, in the 400 dollar range for a mainline cleaning. I think I laughed a little before saying no thanks.

The third place refused to give me an estimate over the phone, because they didn't know what was happening or where the mainline was. I told them I knew exactly what was happening, and described it to them, and told them the mainline was in the laundry room, and we would be happy to move the washer out so it was easily accessible. No dice. I had to make an appointment between 10 and 2 for a free estimate and then I had to decide if I wanted them to do it. I said no thanks to this one too. EVERYONE has a rough idea of what a mainline cleaning costs. They will all give an estimate, and stress "If (blank) happens, it will cost more"

Finally found one who came out, snaked the mainline, was friendly, polite and nice. It cost 119 dollars AND has a 3 month warranty, which I've never gotten on a mainline cleaning before. I found my new favorite plumber.

Make a note for next time.

Comment

Quoth April View Post

The first website I see says they are number one in my town (Colorado Springs) and have a local number. They also have a deal where they charge 95 dollars for a mainline cleaning, and have a 50 dollar off coupon. Amazing. So I call them. I get put on hold for a while, and she comes back and tells me they don't service Colorado Springs, only Denver. Every single bit of info I see for them says Colorado Springs and Denver. Ok. On to the next
      Did you tell them about the $50 off coupon? If so, I can tell you exactly what happened. They realized they were only going to make $45 on that job and backed out the only way they could - by claiming they didn't service your particular area.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        Did you tell them about the $50 off coupon? If so, I can tell you exactly what happened. They realized they were only going to make $45 on that job and backed out the only way they could - by claiming they didn't service your particular area.
        You know, I don't remember if I did or not, but I did quote the price on the website on the phone. They may have decided it was not enough.

Comment

Working...
        X