This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job!

FINALLY. Managed to find what looks to be a decent local job (no, ex-boss STILL has not paid me.) It's starting out part-time, BUT:

1: It's doing what I love: social media and writing
    2: They say they hope to expand from part-time as it goes,
    3: I'm about 90% sure they created the position for me after my interview with the CEO, because they sure as heck weren't hiring for that kind of position during the first round of interviews.

I start tomorrow at 11!

(Trying not to fret over it; the impostor syndrome is STRONG, due to memories of the last two jobs. I have almost zero self-confidence.)
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Woohoo!! You can dewwwww it!! Update when you can :-)

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

No worries--you can do this stuff, and far more! Knock 'em dead! (Or at least make them gasp in awe at your competence!)
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

That is awesome!
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

So happy for you!!!

Comment

Happy dance

Comment

Excellent!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congratulations, Joi! Good luck and I hope that your stories are craziness are a thing of the past.

Comment

and best of luck in the new position.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Just finished day two at the job. It's going frighteningly well. We're still working out how many hours I'll work each day, but I'm being given a LOT of freedom. For instance, when I got to work, I saw that the Treasury had announced they were keeping Hamilton on the $10 and changing the $20. I sent a quick message to my boss with the news, and asked to write my first blog for the company about it. He agreed, and an hour and a half later, the blog was up. I have to run things by him for approval, but I'm free to run with ideas.

Also, the office is QUIET. And I don't have to answer any phones.
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post

Also, the office is QUIET. And I don't have to answer any phones.
                        But you miss having a boss who falls all over everything. Admit it.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats Joi!

You deserve something awesome.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            But you miss having a boss who falls all over everything. Admit it.
                            Oh gods, I so don't. I'm still coping with the literal trauma of my last two jobs.

Comment

It sounds like a very good job. May it just get better and better from here.
                              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                              X