Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Remember when I said I was disrespected?
Old 08-05-2018, 01:56 AM
The New Office Slave

Default Remember when I said I was disrespected?

Well, I got fired because of it a little over two weeks ago. The incident I posted in Morons in Management http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=119127 went tits up and I got shit for it because I seemed like I wasn't being a team player.

When your shitty manager keeps saying "I don't think you can do the job" and "You don't seem to know what you're doing" were real morale killers. It got to a point where I was given a final warning (no other documented warnings) at the end of June that I needed to improve myself. At that point I had pretty much checked out. The place I was working for pretty much has gone downhill and it's pretty clear that if you don't drink the Kool-Aid or take the happy pills offered you're not going to last long; pretty much you have to fake being happy or they let you go.

My manager couldn't manage a bunch of kindergartners if you paid her. She's shit for managing and oh yeah, also HR, so I can't really just speak to her about what to to do. She swooped in any chance there was to think I'd make a mistake and claim that I wasn't following protocol. Essentially, she was setting me up to fail. Then she'd come at me accusing me of going to her manager if it seemed like I was complaining. I didn't, but I know others did because they saw her pull this shit.

The final straw was her pulling me into her office and giving me my walking papers. The paperwork says sub par performance. I know I did a damned good job, but she made life hell and constantly berated me in front of co-workers. I'm glad to be gone.

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Parking Attendant

My husband was fired from his job of 9 years last week.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
... pretty much you have to fake being happy or they let you go.
Had an editor like this at the daily paper I worked for (after the weekly; I thought it was a step up. Ha.) He would allow NO criticism whatever about working conditions or the company. He was the ultimate brown-noser.

The irony? He got canned several years later. How's all that suck workin' for ya, buddy?

I'd say I'm sorry you lost your job, but it doesn't sound YOU are sorry, so ... It's just too bad you got that shit about "sub-par performance" on your papers. Hope you can find something else soon.

Quote:
Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
Sorry to hear it, snugglegirl05. Is there a general downsizing going on? Or was this something like fma's situation?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:04 PM
The New Office Slave

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
I'd say I'm sorry you lost your job, but it doesn't sound YOU are sorry, so ... It's just too bad you got that shit about "sub-par performance" on your papers. Hope you can find something else soon.
No I'm not honestly. Some people don't seem to understand why I'm glad. I'm pretty sure I was internalizing some stress and I also found out I have osteoarthritis

Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 PM
The New Office Slave

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Parking Attendant

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
Sorry to hear it, snugglegirl05. Is there a general downsizing going on? Or was this something like fma's situation?
It was like fma's situation

Old 08-07-2018, 06:03 AM
I need a life

Quote:
It was like fma's situation
Which probably means the company's panicking at losing money and making things up to get rid of people. No one ever wants to stand up to corporate for the sake of what's right.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
Which probably means the company's panicking at losing money and making things up to get rid of people. No one ever wants to stand up to corporate for the sake of what's right.
You can't even talk to corporate anymore. The 'head office' is often the source of the problems, and it's staffed with people who basically screwed everyone else over to get their positions. The same people who couldn't function as an effective manager in the trenches, who couldn't handle criticism, ignored feedback and warning signs, and treated everyone who worked for them as 'disposable' are the ones who are now dwelling in the ivory towers and running the companies into the ground.