Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic > Life Advice

Old 08-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Front End Supervisor

Blue Ginger, can you get to a Lin and Barrett store? Because they are da bomb. I took my niece there to get a good bra - she's the only one in the family built like me (stacked) but thinner - and it turns out the place that sold her her old bra had pushed her into a 'second cousins twice removed' size (like a sister size, but even further away from what you actually need to wear). They have a good range, are good at identifying what you need, and won't sell you sister sizes if they don't have the right stuff. (They probably will have the right stuff, or at least be able to source it quickly.)

Failing that, Best & Less have surprisingly comfortable stretchy 'sports' bras with removable fillets that I am now wearing most of the time because arthritis sucks and having a bra that doesn't need to be done up is awesome.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Trainee

It was also hard for me to find the right size until I've googled and found some measurement advice. I always bought 12B, but as it turned out, I have 16C. Also, when buying bras, you'll better check and fit different sizes in the shop and try to choose the most comfortable option. The sizes and materials (stretching) from one brand to another could differ.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Go to the nearest fruit market and find the appropriate size...grape peach apple orange grapefruit or watermelon ��

Old Today, 05:27 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
Has anyone tried the extra push up bras? The one's that make you go up 3-4 cup sizes? I tried one on for shits and giggles once. My London friend couldn't stop laughing at me. It felt so weird to have all that extra just there when there isn't normally anything.
Are they the ones where you can pump it up or add water to them to "fill" them up? (Yes, I watched Bend it like Beckham where they had exactly that)

Only other thing I can suggest is to take your friend to David Jones or Myer and get the fitting done there. While their range might be slightly less than what Bras n Things have, they might have some stuff there that's less "first bra" and more "mature" for her.

If she finds a good brand that works for her, she could also order directly from the manufacturer.

ETA: Get her to try Bonds brand stuff - they have stuff that should fit her (as shown by my search here)